• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade this Baffling Mysteries #8!
1 1

22 posts in this topic

Colors are terrific and cover is attached at the staples. There's a skinny vertical chip of spine paper missing just above the bottom staple, roughly as tall as a staple itself. Thanks!

bafflingmysteries8.jpg.daa942845099d48121edcfe8f94ac8b3.jpg

bafflingmysteries8back.jpg.466ea1a3436856a0c59fdd5fd7f426fe.jpg

several color breaking spine tics, approx 3" diagonal color breaking crease right lower corner, corner and edge wear with some color loss, vertical chip of spine, small chip out of back cover corner, light soiling / dust shadows on back cover, small tears back cover.

Color is outstanding, looks like ink is fresh.  awesome book!

CGC 5.5 (the small pieces/ chips out keep this from grading higher)

15 hours ago, KobaltDog said:

4.5 or 5.0 everything mentioned above and is there a stain on the lower section of BAF ? 

You're right, it really does look like that in the scan. But I just checked and nope, that is just show-through of the ad on the other side.

25 minutes ago, KobaltDog said:

Good! That's something I've seen before on these boards and it tricks me every time.:makepoint: 

It is interesting (if you have no life... ooh, over here!) how that show-through effect can vary widely on different copies of a book, regardless of condition. This book has blazing colors, which might suggest it was well-preserved... and yet it seems to have more show-through than average. Go figure.

7 hours ago, Point Five said:

It is interesting (if you have no life... ooh, over here!) how that show-through effect can vary widely on different copies of a book, regardless of condition. This book has blazing colors, which might suggest it was well-preserved... and yet it seems to have more show-through than average. Go figure.

It is interesting. I think the last one I saw was on a red cover also.