• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I deleted my post about my auctions. *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED*

200 posts in this topic

It seems like everyone here is against me, so I deleted my post about my auctions. If you don't trust me, then don't bid on my auctions. I have learned a great deal since I got my 8.0 Hulk #181 back from CGC. I will no longer be visiting this website anymore due to the fact that it seems to me that I have been judged before I was even given a chance to prove myself. I hope you all continue to enjoy the hobby of collecting comics, but I will not be returning here anymore. Too many nasty words have been said about me and you people don't even know me. It's sad. Goodbye.

Joel, I didn't follow the previous threads so I don't know why people treated you badly. Unfortunately newbies are always scrutinized and not trusted from the beginning as many here believe them to be "shills". But if you find this Forum to be at all interesting (it can be addicting) then I suggest you may give it another try, post on various threads and get involved. Eventually you, like all legitimate newbies, will gain some respect. Unfortunately the actions of the illegitimate newbies and shills from the past has created alot of distrust in this Forum when we see a new "face" around.

Edit:

I guess I spoke too soon after reading the posts below. Apparently this guy was selling overgraded books and pretending to be somebody else while hyping his own auctions. Yep, that'll bring out the critics, and deservedly so. Bubbye Joel.

Actually, they weren't attacking posts... go read the replies for the most part. This leads me to believe that there is definitely going to be some severely overgraded books being sold here, and the seller does not want to be outed. Time to cancel all the bids I can.

Well hey, I apologize if my sarcasm was a bit too thick in the other thread. But my smart-alecky comment aside, the vast majority of the posts you received were helpful and constructively critical. Here's what we're left with:

1) A seller who pops up and says "go check out this seller's auctions," while failing to mention that the poster is in fact the seller.

2) Raw books graded at 9.8. Can you really fault people for having a problem with that. It was pointed out to you that it's a bad idea to offer raw books in any grade higher than strict NM. How is that an attack?

3) NM+ books do not have a half-dozen stress lines. 9.0's generally don't either, for that matter. This was pointed out to you; again, not an attack but a fair (and I should think helpful) critique.

4) A seller with no feedback rating and no references (other than himself, seemingly claiming to be an independent party).

5) A seller who receives fair criticism and balks with a "I'm never coming back here, you jerks" style of post.

Seems a bit problematic, to say the least.

It seems like everyone here is against me, so I deleted my post about my auctions. If you don't trust me, then don't bid on my auctions. I have learned a great deal since I got my 8.0 Hulk #181 back from CGC. I will no longer be visiting this website anymore due to the fact that it seems to me that I have been judged before I was even given a chance to prove myself. I hope you all continue to enjoy the hobby of collecting comics, but I will not be returning here anymore. Too many nasty words have been said about me and you people don't even know me. It's sad. Goodbye.

I think part of the problem was that you appeared, at least in the case of the DD 168, to be so far off-base that you had already "proven yourself," so to speak. The idea that you "had to look really close" (as if looking close at a high grade book was above and beyond the call of duty) to find a half dozen spine stresses on a book supposed to grade out at 9.4-9.6 is so very wrong, it's practically all the due diligence needed to know that you're not going to have a lot of happy customers.

Joey, People harped on you because you are a skaggy overgradin' peanut nosed poodoo. You deliberately tried to make a bundle by passin' off crumby stuff and pumpin' it up as something that it wasn't. Obviously with this in mind, you were tagged as a fony. So if this exposure doesn't sit well with you, then you need to meditate a few minutes with a trash can over your head and come to your senses. Game over baby, you've been caught red handed.

He started off badly by starting a thread and talking about these great books by seller "blah blah" without mentioning that he was the seller. Strike One.

When three forum members helped him get links up to his auctions he ignored them and couldn't even post a thank you. Strike Two.

Now, he's won the Drama Queen of the Week award by deleting his posts. Strike Three.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe a little over-reaction?

You can only delete it once!

I think he's wondering why the thread remains. gossip.gif

Once someone replies, the thread can't be deleted. hi.gif

Brad,

To me it's pretty simple... the guy comes on here to promote his auctions. fair enough, give him the benefit of the doubt. Then he advertises that his books are 'easy' 9.6s or 9.8s. Okay, total b.s. but maybe, MAYBE they will be cheap 9.4s. Then, upon closer inspection he (at least honestly) discloses that a book that's a "beautiful" 9.4 or 9.6 DD 168 has six stresses... OMG Red Flag right there.

This isn't necessarily dishonesty per se, but just a guy who can't grade in the least (at first)... his drama queen antics though now lead me to believe he KNOWS his books are seriously overgraded. If anyone reading this has bids in on these auctions, I would seriously recommend retracting your bids unless you want to get a whole lot of overgraded junk.

So, I have an even bigger problem with him than you have, because I think he's basically trying to pump up books that have no scans. Check out ALL of his auctions... says his scanner will only allow him to scan these super small scans and he can't send anymore. B.S. doesn't have a digital camera so he swipes product photos of the dvd player and phone he is also selling -- who thinks they're not going to get a piece of junk on that front too... and with 125 comic auctions (that all look like photo swipes, and hence why he CAN'T enlarge the scans or email them) of overinflated grading, he's trying to build a sales record, counting on people just taking his junk.

several of those books he posted up here for sale or trade and when I offered him a fair deal for raw specimens in those graded he never even returned my e-mails He seemed fisshy because he wanted to trade two raw asm 300 1 dd 168 and an ASM 238 in 9.2 - 9.6 condition for 1 CGC 9.6 ASM 300

six stress lines, yes, but you have to get reeeaaaaalllly close to the book to see them.

that has to count for something. right? reeeaaaaallly close, remember

Oh this guy is definitely a downright fraud. I've gone back and read through some of his old posts and the guy just smacks of fraud and lies in everything he has ever posted here making wildly outlandish comments:

I'll say it again... any board member or lurker who has bids in on his auctions CANCEL THEM NOW!!!!!!!

as soon as he admitted that he was the seller, you had to know something was up. why would you not admit those books were you right out front, in order to capitalise on board bonhommie?

confused-smiley-013.gif