• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I deleted my post about my auctions. *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED*

200 posts in this topic

I own every last comic that I have listed on eBay, and those people who win my auctions will get exactly what is described in that auction.

No they won't, and that is the point that you are either misunderstanding, or deliberately ignoring.

In the interests of perhaps having you learn something from this experience, let's just simply lay out where you've gone wrong. To do this, let's ignore questions about scanners and whether you own the books and just go on what you yourself have said.

You claim that the book that rob react if referring to is a 9.4-9.6. You also admit to it having at least six spine stresses.

Simply put, it cannot be, and never will be a 9.4-9.6, as those defects are not allowed in those grades. Even if the book was absolutely perfect in every other aspect, it wouldn't grade higher than a 9.0, and that's if the spine stresses pretty much don't break colour.

However, if the book has six spine stresses, it's almost impossible for it not to have other small defects, as spine stressing is usually a sign of handling wear, which is highly unlikely to have left no other evidence.

Bottom line, the very best this book can be is a 9.0 (and I don't have to see it to tell you that...I just have to have a knowledge of grading and the information you have given me) but it's more than likely to be an 8.0 or 8.5.

Unfortunately, you have listed it as a 9.4-9.6. This is called misrepresentation of goods.

Misrepresentation of goods is also called fraud.

Now, I'm not convinced you have done this deliberately. Judging by your comments regarding your Hulk #181, I can pretty much conclude that your grading skills are not that great...nobody with halfway decent ability could mis-call a 8.0 a 9.4.

So, I conclude that you are maybe inexperienced and lacking in some knowledge. Yet you've decided to behave like a DQ and have taken your toys home, when you could have hung around and learned so very much from the people here.

Can I suggest that you stick around and learn a bit more, maybe post some high res scans in the grading section and get a handle on how other people grade books.

And don't start shooting off at those people who have quite rightly pointed out that your auctions basically amount to fraud.

conversely, you could just stay away. there are plenty of other comic book forums out there. maybe they would be more apt to buy what you're selling

sticks and stones may break my bones... but names will never hurt me. I'm sure you own the comics, nobody's questioning that (or at least I'm not), but as for the overgrading, intentional or not, it's pretty evident you have serious problems in your auctions:

1) all of your scans looked cropped and stolen from elsewhere. If you truly had other scans you would have sent them to the people who requested them. Any program that allows you to scan books in has a function to blow up the scan and it can be emailed.

2) Negatives are not the measure. There may be tons of books that you sell where nobody will complain because they are going to get their books and either a) return them or b) not complain because it's more of a hassle to return that $6 book or c) they were anticipating they were overgraded and bid accordingly.

3) 9.6s do not have 6 stresses. Obviously, the fact you can't grade is an issue. The fact that you had to "get up close" to see it is an issue. Pumping your auctions without saying they were yours is an issue. The fact you advertise raw 9.8s with tiny scans is a problem.

Do I think you are scamming people? In a form yes, absolutely. I would be very suspect of your auctions. My recommendation to the other board members is to let other people take the risk on your auctions. If it turns out they are satisfied, what'd you lose out on? An ASM 300... whoopee. Not worth the risk and hassle to deal with someone with as many obvious problems as you have with your auctions.

And y'know what? By coming back and resurrecting this thread, you've once again managed to do more harm than good. I forgot all about you until I came in this morning and saw that you stuck your nose back in here. Frankly, I think the evidence against you is strong, and while I hope nobody gets burned by your auctions, I'm willing to say that nobody here should take that chance.

You people are horrible, horrible people. I said I would not come back here, but just for the heck of it, I decided to come and see what people have been saying about me. After reading all of your posts, it's quite clear to me that you all have labeled me as a "scammer" and a "rip-off artist" who is out to either sell overgraded comics, or just plain take people's money and not send them anything at all. Well, I'm here to tell you that I have no intention whatsoever to "scam" anyone. I own every last comic that I have listed on eBay, and those people who win my auctions will get exactly what is described in that auction. You people are sick and I can't believe the things you people have said about me before my first auction even had a chance to end. I cannot believe that I thought you people were nice people when I first came here. Boy was I wrong. You people need to learn to not judge people and give them a chance before you label them as a criminal. Foolkiller, you are a nasty person. You claimed I stole photo's, said I was a downright fraud who lied about everything I said in my posts. Unbelievable. Jeffreykli even threatened to pursue legal action against me if he won one of my auctions. Rich Henn claims that I said that my scanner was broken and was wondering how my photo's got on my auctions in the first place. I never once claimed that my scanner was broken. I said that it was old and did not work very well. Every last photo in all of my auctions were scanned by me with my "old scanner" I scanned the instruction booklets for my phone and DVD player because it was alot easier then trying to scan the phone and DVD player themselves!!! I also told Rich Henn to "don't bid on my auctions if he did not trust me". Of course I said that!!! The last thing I want is a bidder to be uncomfortable with my auctions. If you're uncomfortable with bidding on my auctions, THEN DON'T BID!!! These are just a few of the extremely rude and nasty remarks you people have posted about me. It's pretty damn sad when people talk bad about someone they don't even know. I want you people to keep an eye on my feedback rating, because you will not see any negatives appear. I really feel bad for you people.

Jeffreykli even threatened to pursue legal action against me if he won one of my auctions.

Actually, you misinterpreted my post. An eBay auction is a binding contract, and if I won, you can believe that I would have paid you via paypal instantly. Thus, my side of the contract is fulfilled, and I'm entitled to the advertised goods...meaning a complete, accurately graded comic. If I wasn't happy, then I'd ask for a complete refund. But, based on your posts, especially your defensive tone, I can't be guaranteed of a refund. It's only if all of the above happen that I would do whatever it took to get a refund, including legal action.

The funniest thing about this is, he keeps deleting his post, thinking that THIS time it will make the thread go away. Since you can only delete individual posts and not the entire thread, all he's doing is HIGHLIGHTING it with the off the wall subject line.

The funniest thing about this is, he keeps deleting his post, thinking that THIS time it will make the thread go away. Since you can only delete individual posts and not the entire thread, all he's doing is HIGHLIGHTING it with the off the wall subject line.

Well, so far he hasn't struck me as the sharpest tool in the box, so this is about par for the course.

You people are horrible, horrible people. I said I would not come back here, but just for the heck of it, I decided to come and see what people have been saying about me. After reading all of your posts, it's quite clear to me that you all have labeled me as a "scammer" and a "rip-off artist" who is out to either sell overgraded comics, or just plain take people's money and not send them anything at all. Well, I'm here to tell you that I have no intention whatsoever to "scam" anyone. I own every last comic that I have listed on eBay, and those people who win my auctions will get exactly what is described in that auction. You people are sick and I can't believe the things you people have said about me before my first auction even had a chance to end. I cannot believe that I thought you people were nice people when I first came here. Boy was I wrong. You people need to learn to not judge people and give them a chance before you label them as a criminal. Foolkiller, you are a nasty person. You claimed I stole photo's, said I was a downright fraud who lied about everything I said in my posts. Unbelievable. Jeffreykli even threatened to pursue legal action against me if he won one of my auctions. Rich Henn claims that I said that my scanner was broken and was wondering how my photo's got on my auctions in the first place. I never once claimed that my scanner was broken. I said that it was old and did not work very well. Every last photo in all of my auctions were scanned by me with my "old scanner" I scanned the instruction booklets for my phone and DVD player because it was alot easier then trying to scan the phone and DVD player themselves!!! I also told Rich Henn to "don't bid on my auctions if he did not trust me". Of course I said that!!! The last thing I want is a bidder to be uncomfortable with my auctions. If you're uncomfortable with bidding on my auctions, THEN DON'T BID!!! These are just a few of the extremely rude and nasty remarks you people have posted about me. It's pretty damn sad when people talk bad about someone they don't even know. I want you people to keep an eye on my feedback rating, because you will not see any negatives appear. I really feel bad for you people.

Dear ,

Ahem! I'd like some credit for telling you to not let the door hit you on your azz on the way out. I know it wasn't as personal or creative as some of the other replies here, but I'm old and sometimes it's hard for me to come up with really witty put downs. A little credit for my attempt would be greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes For A Speedy Exit,

OG

Dear ,

Ahem! I'd like some credit for telling you to not let the door hit you on your azz on the way out. I know it wasn't as personal or creative as some of the other replies here, but I'm old and sometimes it's hard for me to come up with really witty put downs. A little credit for my attempt would be greatly appreciated.

OG

Classic OG! Short, sweet, and to the point.

OG - straight gangsta yo. thumbsup2.gif

I scanned the instruction booklets for my phone and DVD player because it was alot easier then trying to scan the phone and DVD player themselves!!!

foreheadslap.gif

not exactly stressed about accuracy from a sales standpoing, i see. that, to be blunt, just won't work here. find another place to sell would be my best advice.

hey Arex

Dear ,

OG

893applaud-thumb.gif

Dear Joel109, AKA "Deleted",

One question only for you,

why would you spend over $200 for a ASM #300 in CGC 9.6, when you have one Raw in a "9.6".

It would only cost you about $15 to slab it popcorn.gif

Since this thread is pretty much trashed I have a delete question. Since he is obviously trying to delete this thread from existance is it still possible? Theoretically wouldn't I have to delete this post, then Nikos, then Kiltman, etc.. etc.. all the way back to Joel? Until finally he could delete it like he wishes to do so? Of course we would all have to volunteer and do it in reverse order which aint going to happen. Is that the way it would work?

Just thought I would ask a question.

Oh and Hi Joel. hi.gif

Once someone posts a reply to the first post, the thread can no longer be deleted by the thread starter.

Only the Supreme Poobah Arch can delete it then.