• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many Comic OA collectors are really out there?
1 1

30 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, delekkerste said:

I think people like being able to easily scroll through and see what's new (and not be overwhelmed by all the junk that gets posted to CAF in addition to the good stuff).  I think people really enjoy the social aspect and being able to easily both comment and interact.  I think people like that you don't have to be a BSD to get views, likes and comments on Facebook, whereas if you're not well-known or posting high-end stuff, you may not get much of any of those in your CAF gallery.  

I still love CAF but, yeah, it's become a bit of a chore trawling through all the junk that gets posted (bit like eBay).  Lately, I'm not really following new art being posted, preferring to opt for searches of those artists I admire.

3 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Any recommendations on good Facebook OA groups? I know with comics there are good ones and not so good ones lol 

I run a FB group for Movie Poster original artwork:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/131047770909401/

Currently at over 1,200 members and growing.  It's (obviously) not comic-book art, but if you're a fan of the movies might be worth joining.  You don't have to own any paintings to participate and can just sit back and enjoy the eye candy.  For example . . .

dnQZElky_0404191550421sbpi.jpg

Edited by The Voord

23 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

I actually posted a Miller Daredevil page on one of the main Facebook group pages today for the first time and was surprised by comments from people there that didn't even know what CAF was.  I made assumptions that anyone who would join an original art Facebook group would at least be familiar with CAF, even if wasn't their favorite platform.  I never bothered looking at the Facebook group pages in the past because I thought it was redundant, but I have to rethink things.

And now you know how to search the groups. That's useful to see what people post.

On 4/16/2019 at 10:56 PM, delekkerste said:

I think the real reason for CAF's decline is all the Facebook OA groups that really started gaining huge traction from early 2018-present.  Of course, CAF does many things better than these OA groups, but, I think there are a number of major advantages the FB platform has.  I think people like being able to easily scroll through and see what's new (and not be overwhelmed by all the junk that gets posted to CAF in addition to the good stuff).  I think people really enjoy the social aspect and being able to easily both comment and interact.  I think people like that you don't have to be a BSD to get views, likes and comments on Facebook, whereas if you're not well-known or posting high-end stuff, you may not get much of any of those in your CAF gallery.  

Which facebook OA groups would you recommend?