• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poll with pics! Choose your TOP 5 FAVORITE Russ Heath Atlas War Covers!!!
3 3

Top 5 FAVORITE Russ Heath Atlas War Comic Covers   

41 members have voted

1. 1. Out of all 62 choices, please vote for your top 5 favorites. (not the 5 best out of this group of 20, your top 5 out of all of the covers shown)

• Battle 6
    • Battle 12
    • Battle 16
    • Battle 18
    • Battle 26
    • Battle 30
    • Battle 31
    • Battle 32
    • Battle 35
    • Battle 37
    • Battle 38
    • Battle Action 15
    • Battle Action 16
    • Battle Action 18
    • Battle Action 21
    • Battlefield 2
  2. 2. Out of all 62 choices, please vote for your top 5 favorites. (not the 5 best out of this group of 20, your top 5 out of all of the covers shown)

• Battlefield 6
    • Battlefield 11
    • Battlefront 15
    • Battlefront 23
    • Battlefront 26
    • Battlefront 28
    • Battlefront 32
    • Battle Ground 3
    • Battle Ground 4
    • Battle Ground 5
    • Battle Ground 13
    • Battle Ground 14
    • Combat 1
    • Combat 5
    • Combat 9
    • Combat Casey 12
  3. 3. Out of all 62 choices, please vote for your top 5 favorites. (not the 5 best out of this group of 20, your top 5 out of all of the covers shown)

• Combat Casey 19
    • Combat Casey 22
    • Man Comics 15
    • Marines in Action 9
    • Marines in Battle 1
    • Marines in Battle 2
    • Marines in Battle 3
    • Marines in Battle 4
    • Men in Action 3
    • Men in Action 7
    • Men's Adventures 13
    • Men's Adventures 20
    • Navy Action 2
    • Navy Action 4
    • Spy Fighters 12
  4. 4. Out of all 62 choices, please vote for your top 5 favorites.

• War Action 7
    • War Action 14
    • War Adventures 5
    • War Adventures 9
    • War Adventures 13
    • War Comics 11
    • War Comics 15
    • War Comics 19
    • War Comics 23
    • War Comics 26
    • War Comics 29
    • War Comics 30
    • War Comics 31
    • War Comics 33
    • War Comics 36

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/16/2019 at 12:00 AM

67 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, MusterMark said:

At least for me as I view them on my laptop (maybe it is different for someone viewing on a smartphone, or a browser different from mine):

the order of the pics is not the same as the order of comics in the list, in many cases.

So people have to be more careful in going between pics and the list.  The comic you choose may not be the one that you think it is (based on the order of the pics).

Sorry about that.  They were organized in alpha-numeric when I saved them.  They were alpha-numeric in my hosting site.  They must have become slightly jumbled when I posted them all here.  Strange, because it was a "select all, copy, paste" process. (shrug) 

Anyway, the whole poll system for this number of books doesn't work very well either, just to make things even more difficult. doh! 

Even on a desktop, with these thumbnails, it really pays to click on them and see the image full-size.  Have a sheet of paper and start making your short list.  After you've got these whittled down to 10 or 15, then choose your top 5. (thumbsu 

Not an easy task with so many crisp, beautifully drawn covers.  Personally, I found myself always coming back to the ones that had mood or emotion.  So many gems here.

3 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Sorry about that.  They were organized in alpha-numeric when I saved them.  They were alpha-numeric in my hosting site.  They must have become slightly jumbled when I posted them all here.  Strange, because it was a "select all, copy, paste" process. (shrug) 

Anyway, the whole poll system for this number of books doesn't work very well either, just to make things even more difficult. doh! 

Even on a desktop, with these thumbnails, it really pays to click on them and see the image full-size.  Have a sheet of paper and start making your short list.  After you've got these whittled down to 10 or 15, then choose your top 5. (thumbsu 

Not an easy task with so many crisp, beautifully drawn covers.  Personally, I found myself always coming back to the ones that had mood or emotion.  So many gems here.

(thumbsu  No worries.  I know how these things go ...  ! 

Your great efforts in getting this up and going is much appreciated.  :golfclap:

1 hour ago, MusterMark said:

At least for me as I view them on my laptop (maybe it is different for someone viewing on a smartphone, or a browser different from mine):

the order of the pics is not the same as the order of comics in the list, in many cases.

So people have to be more careful in going between pics and the list.  The comic you choose may not be the one that you think it is (based on the order of the pics).

For example, the four Marines in Battle comics are listed (in the list) as #1, #2, #3, #4.

But in the pics, their order is #3, #2, #4, #1.

Agreed it can be confusing. I used the Grand Comic Book DB site to zero in on each title.

3 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

Vote for your top 5 that you like. 

Then have a look to see which groups didn’t have a vote. For those ones, vote for one more. This will allow your votes to be counted. (thumbsu 

Done... Added War 11 and Battle 18

Now this was a difficult task for an Atlas war book collector!  So many great books, but I managed ... now I am going to pull out a stack of war readers to enjoy some of the stories tonight. 

I agree on the Navy Action 2, but something about Navy Action 4 continues to captivate me and is one of my favorites, along with Battle Action 16, what a stunning cover  ... oh here I go again, I'll agree they are all incredible. 

Thanks Andy, this was great. :applause:

I voted too, but as I'm not too familiar, I was afraid I'd be out in left field with my votes lol 

Gave it a whirl, some great covers!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
a

40 minutes ago, buttock said:

I think if more people saw Battle Ground 13 in hand it would have more votes.  

All of them, actually. The thumbnails don’t give any justice to these great works of art. 2c 

2 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:
3 hours ago, buttock said:

I think if more people saw Battle Ground 13 in hand it would have more votes.  

All of them, actually. The thumbnails don’t give any justice to these great works of art. 2c 

Yes, that is so true for SO MANY of the covers, Andy.  But, as regards Battle Ground 13: every aspect of that cover is simply exquisite.