• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Snipe bidding on Ebay,your opinion?
2 2

156 posts in this topic

Honestly, ComicConnect.com has it figured out the right way with the 3 minute extensions after each new bid which resets another 3 minutes.  This ensures if there are 2 extremely interested buyers, they will bid themselves to death, sometimes getting bidding fever.  I know people that hate that style of auction but I think it is smart and allows sellers and the auction house to extract maximum $$$.

eBay sniping is fair too.  As Sensei Ryan said, that's just the way the game is played.  I saw an auction recently and the book was at $80 with 5 seconds left.  2 people tried to snipe it and it sold for $217.   So sometimes it can backfire.

12 minutes ago, Cliff R. said:

I remember seeing a few auctions in which the seller ended the auction early and sold the item to the highest bidder. Haven't seen that in years.

That actually happened to me about a month ago. I guess it’s karma cause I like to snipe on any auction site that allows it. 

4 minutes ago, deadleg said:

That actually happened to me about a month ago. I guess it’s karma cause I like to snipe on any auction site that allows it. 

I love the honesty here👍

I recently only started my collection a couple of months ago,so here is a confession I have won two auctions

X force 11 9.8 cgc

New Mutants 26 9.8 cgc

Both in which my initial bid was made in the last thirty seconds of open bidding.

The way I see it when it comes to bidding is I have to know the max value I will pay for a product than add ten dollars. And bidding late prevents pushing the bids to ridiculous areas.

2 hours ago, Cliff R. said:

I remember seeing a few auctions in which the seller ended the auction early and sold the item to the highest bidder. Haven't seen that in years.

That's a very, very bad idea, unless you really need the money desperately. You never know who is looking at your items, and you cannot know the final price until the clock runs down. You could not only shortchange yourself significantly, you could anger many potential bidders. 

3 hours ago, BladeTX said:

Honestly, ComicConnect.com has it figured out the right way with the 3 minute extensions after each new bid which resets another 3 minutes.  This ensures if there are 2 extremely interested buyers, they will bid themselves to death, sometimes getting bidding fever.  I know people that hate that style of auction but I think it is smart and allows sellers and the auction house to extract maximum $$$.

I much prefer CC's auction format here as I know EXACTLY what I am bidding in order to get an item.  (thumbsu

Much better than the eBay or CL auction format which almost always forces you to throw in a "blind" bid if you want to win an item just in case there are snipe bids coming in at the end.  Hence, the reason why I don't even bother with eBay or CL auctions.  

But, it's really to each their own as to whatever auction format and strategy they are comfortable with.  

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I dont believe you.

I think your the type of guy that would flee from the first sign of adversity. Matter of fact I think your the type of guy if their closest friend or loved one was under duress or adversity you would cower away.

Obviously, you don't know the slightest thing about me.

Everything you said is completely irrelevant to the topic. Stop making posts personal.