• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Snipe bidding on Ebay,your opinion?
2 2

156 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, valiantman said:

The number of people talking about waiting around for the end of auctions is mindboggling.  Sniping with software (GavelSnipe, ESnipe, etc.) is so simple I'm wondering if you guys also wash your clothes at the river with a scrubbing board and rocks. (shrug) :kidaround:

Well, with the $10 bucks or so I save a month by not using a sniping software, I can actually go to the laundry mat now to wash my clothes. :insane:

2 minutes ago, deadleg said:
6 minutes ago, valiantman said:

The number of people talking about waiting around for the end of auctions is mindboggling.  Sniping with software (GavelSnipe, ESnipe, etc.) is so simple I'm wondering if you guys also wash your clothes at the river with a scrubbing board and rocks. (shrug) :kidaround:

Well, with the $10 bucks or so I save a month by not using a sniping software, I can actually go to the laundry mat now to wash my clothes. :insane:

GavelSnipe.com is free.

snipe.png.77b9a097762b8ec2579d189ec4227511.png

8 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

I’ve won thousands of eBay auctions and 99%+  were snipe bids. Only downside is you miss out on tons of (mostly West coast) auctions by missing the end from falling to sleep!

That's true, many times I've seen, say 6:00 pm, only to realize at 6 EST there was a PDT next to it, and the auction was over.

Here's the deal. If people complain about "snipping" in the first place, then a snipping software, is basically just cheating. You're not even the one bidding.

I'm cool with it, I just prefer to bid with honor. 

Edited by HuddyBee

8 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Here is a perfect example as to why you want to "set & forget":

i set up my snipe program for 25$ and forgot about it. Apperantly I lost that auction but moments later the seller gave me a 2nd chance at my asking bid of $25

How sure are you that the seller didn't have a snipe program himself with a buy price of say $1,000 (or whatever) in order to draw out the highest bid and then simply offer the book back to the "real" highest bidder at his max price?  hm

2 hours ago, valiantman said:

so simple

I have used such services myself but I do get a real high with that last second bid. Plus you’re sure to win many auctions because when you snipe budgets be da mned. 

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

How sure are you that the seller didn't have a snipe program himself with a buy price of say $1,000 (or whatever) in order to draw out the highest bid and then simply offer the book back to the "real" highest bidder at his max price?  hm

Out of respect to the seller, I wouldn't say he was shilling the auction, all I suggest is that when you're setting a max price that's where it should stay. It's up to me to decide whether I should accept the second chance offer or not. Had I watched the auction unfold and actively bidding at the time I might have gotten carried away and keep bidding higher

5 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Had I watched the auction unfold and actively bidding at the time I might have gotten carried away and keep bidding higher

So, I imagine you are not a participant in CC's auction format because the 3-minute extended bidding time periods is where all the fun and games begin?  :whee:

2 hours ago, valiantman said:

Hahahahahaha hahahahahaha 

Jokes on me!

3 hours ago, HuddyBee said:

Here's the deal. If people complain about "snipping" in the first place, then a snipping software, is basically just cheating. You're not even the one bidding.

I'm cool with it, I just prefer to bid with honor. 

Same. It would violate my moral code if I started using sniping software. 

Edited by deadleg

I used to snipe all the time. Never used any of the auto snipe software available. I don't see anything wrong with it. Would be like having your friend place a bid for you when you aren't able to. These days I just stick to trusted sellers who sell with BIN OBO option.

31 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

I used to snipe all the time. Never used any of the auto snipe software available. I don't see anything wrong with it. Would be like having your friend place a bid for you when you aren't able to. These days I just stick to trusted sellers who sell with BIN OBO option.

Yes sir!

I actually offered a guy such a ridiculous low ball price on an obo just because I wanted to open negotiations and he accepted. In that case I asked my friend to make a best offer fifty dollars lower than mine. Took awhile to seal the deal,but it was satisfying when I had the books in my hand.