• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I got MY OA Grail today....
1 1

37 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, NelsonAI said:

Congratulations!

What a great cover.  It's been awhile since Scott did any work for Marvel.  I was wondering who the lucky guy was to score the cover.

The 1 day show in Long Island (@StonyBrook University) really delivered.

Thank you! Yea man it was a cool little show.. I got some stuff from Larry Stroman too that I could not believe for the price. 

"I am a relative noob to OA collecting.. I know this may not even come close to a grail for a lot of you.. but to me this is it."

It isn't the price of OA, but its value to the Owner which makes it a grail. I have some pieces which were relatively inexpensive, but would classify as grails, even though I have spent more on others to add to my collection. That you found and acquired yours makes you a lucky man.

I think I can safely say that it is your attitude which is at the heart of OA collectors, and their love of the hobby.

Just be warned that this stuff is like potato chips, you won't end up satisfied with just one.

7 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

Thank you so much for the kind words Jason.  I was telling my family after I returned home the show last night how happy you were when you picked up the cover.  It was a pure "love of the art" kind of happy, not a "check off the box addition to a collection" kind of happy.  It was obvious what this art and image meant to you and it was obvious that if I wasn't going to keep the art, it went to right home.  I enjoyed our chat at the show, and I hope it gives you pleasure for every time you look at it for however long you own it.  I don't have as many art days as I used to and I miss that rush, but living vicariously off of yours is pretty satisfying, so thanks for that!

Scott

That is great- I am sure that is what your family wants to hear about lol . But you are right this was not a check off the box acquisition and you made it even better,  I am still on cloud nine and I can not wait to see your next cover! Thanks again

10 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

"I am a relative noob to OA collecting.. I know this may not even come close to a grail for a lot of you.. but to me this is it."

It isn't the price of OA, but its value to the Owner which makes it a grail. I have some pieces which were relatively inexpensive, but would classify as grails, even though I have spent more on others to add to my collection. That you found and acquired yours makes you a lucky man.

I think I can safely say that it is your attitude which is at the heart of OA collectors, and their love of the hobby.

Just be warned that this stuff is like potato chips, you won't end up satisfied with just one.

Thanks! I know it is addictive.. I already need to buy another portfolio lol. But this one is special I do not think I will be buying to many more covers lol

33 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Thanks! I know it is addictive.. I already need to buy another portfolio lol. But this one is special I do not think I will be buying to many more covers lol

They are expensive compared to regular pages, but...wanna bet?