• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KC FAN Con #51 - May 11th, 2019

9 posts in this topic

Great little comic focused con in Lawrence, KS right outside of Kansas City.  I know myself and @D Stuart will be vendors there and should expect a nice turn out of local comic vendors.  Highly recommend if you are in the area or do not mind a little drive!

https://www.facebook.com/kcfancon/ 

Edited by SSkufan

On 4/28/2019 at 10:00 AM, aardvark88 said:

I have never seen such a reasonably priced :acclaim: HUGE 11' x 11' vendor's booth for only $75.

I've threatened to take a nap behind the tables before and really celebrate all of that space! 

21 minutes ago, mysterio said:

How was the show? 

It was a good show with some good books in the room.  Attendance was down a lot this year - perhaps the lowest I have ever seen it.

Sold a lot of filler with the biggest books I sold being a Iron Fist #14 and a high grade JIM Annual #1.

I did pick up a water skiing and the Forward with Eisenhower - Nixon promo comics and a couple high grade issues for my Moon Knight Vol 1 run

I know @D Stuart had a lot of interested in one of his EC books.

Edited by SSkufan

On 5/13/2019 at 8:07 AM, SSkufan said:

It was a good show with some good books in the room.  Attendance was down a lot this year - perhaps the lowest I have ever seen it.

Sold a lot of filler with the biggest books I sold being a Iron Fist #14 and a high grade JIM Annual #1.

I did pick up a water skiing and the Forward with Eisenhower - Nixon promo comics and a couple high grade issues for my Moon Knight Vol 1 run

I know @D Stuart had a lot of interested in one of his EC books.

It was rough.  Worst sales I've had at one of these shows in a while. The date was stretched pretty thin with HS graduations, Mother's Day, etc. Then rainy weather in the morning on top of all of that.  Best part of the show for me was the dinner the night before with a motley crew of MO/KS/OK comic folks. They all can't be the best show ever though.  Ones like this make you appreciate the good ones.  I also heeded the advice of a friend and bought my way out of a bad show!