• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay Seller cornfieldcomics-and-bricks BEWARE
3 3

427 posts in this topic

On 6/8/2019 at 11:42 AM, James J Johnson said:

That's another easy one. Because its too late for the buyer to give the negative feedback that this seller so richly deserves. Penny-wise, but dollar foolish, what the seller thinks is a $100 win is far offset by the negative report here of the unprofessional and disappointing manner in which he handled what should have been a very simple and fair remedy for his error of bouncing a trimmed brick off the buyer and then claiming that he (the seller) is in the right. No way to know how many potential buyers will deliberate buying an item from Cornfieldcomics-and-bricks, and google their name looking for a review beyond the ebay feedback, then find this thread here, the woeful way in which he handled this recorded here for all to review.  He's penny-wise, but dollar foolish.  That's why he's acted this way. It will cost him far more than $100 in the long run, and he'll never know just how much it did.

Right on, JJ...

More enemies than Marvel books with print runs over 100,000!

-uh wait-

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

More enemies than bringing superman back from the dead

:roflmao:

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Okay I was saving this one

More enemies than turning a street commando into a cosmic deadpool

^^

The End

17 hours ago, BSeldin305 said:

I recognize there is risk.  But going back to puffing- there is a difference between saying "this book is unrestored" and "this book APPEARS unrestored to me".  The former is a specific representation (which is what happened here) versus the latter which is puffing.  

This seller is still listing 8 books as "unrestored" in the title.  I think its wrong.  

One thing. The risk that the buyer takes upon himself should be the level of the number grade. You bought this book, it arrived, you're in agreement with the seller's grade. Regardless of what CGC finds the grade to be, CGC didn't buy this book. CGC doesn't have to be happy with your purchase. You did agree, and you were satisfied, transaction complete. But once submitted, what you found out was that the book was defective, as it relates to the description, and as it relates to a pre-condition of your purchase; that the book be unrestored. It is truly materially different than as listed and as far as what you thought you purchased. Part of the book is missing. Did you know that? Would you have bid on it if you did? If not, the expenses you incurred for grading were caused by the seller's error, thus remedy is appropriate. Thus in cases where this occurs, at your request, the buyer should cover the grading fees whether the book is kept or returned for a refund.

Further, you shouldn't have even had to ask. A responsible seller would have known this was the right thing to do if he wanted to keep you as a buyer. And I'm going to assume that if he had done that, you would have continued to buy from him as long as you were treated fairly and responsibly.

6 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

At any rate, there's an upside. This whole experience bought you a ticket! A Rite of passage. You're one of us now, like it or not.

I even had my first post removed by a moderator.... (where I posted eBay conversation regarding the refund). 

Edited by BSeldin305

Me, I'd hang onto the book and not send it back, because if you did, you would most likely get what you paid, but, less $100. The seller would say you paid $300 (I think it was $300...so many pages to this thread), He may say here's $200 from me plus you got $100 from Paypal, there's your $300. Maybe this is why he will not commit to a specific dollar amount for the refund. But on the other hand, if he refunded the full $300, then what's to stop Paypal from reversing and taking back the $100 they gave you, because after all, they figured that you were refunded?

You survived your trial by fire here at CGC. I'm not sure if the seller did.

Both were saying I'm the good guy here but when it came time to step up to the plate, only one would.

I'd appreciate it if the seller and buyer would both kick in $100 to me to defray the costs of counseling that I'm going to need after reading this entire thread.