• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay Seller cornfieldcomics-and-bricks BEWARE
3 3

427 posts in this topic

FWIW Cornfield was just suspended on the CBCS message board. (I have learned that I am prohibited from linking to it.)

"06-12-2019 cornfieldcomics 7 day suspension for spamming the "report comment" account with numerous comments that do not violate forum rules. He needlessly reported excessive amounts of posts and in consideration of that, the standard suspension guideline was deviated from."

Edited by BSeldin305

On 6/11/2019 at 12:02 PM, James J Johnson said:

One thing. The risk that the buyer takes upon himself should be the level of the number grade. You bought this book, it arrived, you're in agreement with the seller's grade. Regardless of what CGC finds the grade to be, CGC didn't buy this book. CGC doesn't have to be happy with your purchase. You did agree, and you were satisfied, transaction complete. But once submitted, what you found out was that the book was defective, as it relates to the description, and as it relates to a pre-condition of your purchase; that the book be unrestored. It is truly materially different than as listed and as far as what you thought you purchased. Part of the book is missing. Did you know that? Would you have bid on it if you did? If not, the expenses you incurred for grading were caused by the seller's error, thus remedy is appropriate. Thus in cases where this occurs, at your request, the buyer should cover the grading fees whether the book is kept or returned for a refund.

Further, you shouldn't have even had to ask. A responsible seller would have known this was the right thing to do if he wanted to keep you as a buyer. And I'm going to assume that if he had done that, you would have continued to buy from him as long as you were treated fairly and responsibly.

Nice response, JJJ...well said!    @kav As you wish...three J's, forevermore...

3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Hey! What am I, chopped liver...?

;)

I must have missed something. I apologize for any oversight on my part. You are not, and hopefully never will be, any type of chopped up meat product...

11 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

Nice response, JJJ...well said!    @kav As you wish...three J's, forevermore...

And remember it's Kneel Atoms!

-Kav who coins monikers like crazy

17 minutes ago, BSeldin305 said:

FWIW Cornfield was just suspended on the CBCS message board. (I have learned that I am prohibited from linking to it.)

"06-12-2019 cornfieldcomics 7 day suspension for spamming the "report comment" account with numerous comments that do not violate forum rules. He needlessly reported excessive amounts of posts and in consideration of that, the standard suspension guideline was deviated from."

The people who administer and moderate the CBCS boards do tremendous damage to the company they "represent", and they aren't even aware of it. There's really no reason to ban anyone, especially from a corporate message board that requires customers to exist, short of spam or criminal activity. Perhaps persistent and documented negative commentary about the company, with nothing positive to balance it out. Suspending and banning people because they say things "we don't like" is never justification for doing so.

Have the right to do it? Undisputed. Absolute right to do whatever they want, however they want to.

Good business? Not even remotely. 

Not suggesting "Cornfield" wasn't doing what they claim he was...but the language used illustrates my point: "that do not violate forum rules"...according to their interpretation. "Needlessly" - again, interpretation. "excessive" - interpretation. They do what they wish to do...which is their right...but cloak it in "we're just following the rules" language, which is dishonest.

And, of course, public shaming without the ability to respond is another symptom of what I'm describing. It's really easy to make your point when you've silenced your target..

4 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

I must have missed something. I apologize for any oversight on my part. You are not, and hopefully never will be, any type of chopped up meat product...

lol

Whatever you do....no matter how wonderful it may taste...and it does....never...EVER...consume these products:

deviled%252Bham.jpg&f=1

Trust me...just don't do it.

When the first ingredient is "potted meat"...you know you're in trouble.

:eek:

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

lol

Whatever you do....no matter how wonderful it may taste...and it does....never...EVER...consume these products:

deviled%252Bham.jpg&f=1

Trust me...just don't do it.

When the first ingredient is "potted meat"...you know you're in trouble.

:eek:

We used to eat this stuff all the time... lol 

53 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Me too!

:sick:

If anyone reading this has eaten this stuff, and wants to know what it really is...do yourself a favor and don't. 

:D

It was a staple of our annual fishing/camping trips when I was 5 through 10, before my parents divorced. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat it today, but I'm sure I'd enjoy the fond memories it would evoke :cloud9:

10 minutes ago, MR SigS said:

It was a staple of our annual fishing/camping trips when I was 5 through 10, before my parents divorced. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat it today, but I'm sure I'd enjoy the fond memories it would evoke :cloud9:

That's what I'm most afraid of!

;)

1 hour ago, BSeldin305 said:

Cornpone thought he could drum up support over there lol 

Nope.  Good on them for vacationing him for trying to mega snitch.

On 4/17/2019 at 1:06 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

It's getting bad out there. It boggles my mind that people can make such blatantly irrational comments, completely sincerely. Critical thinking is a thing of the past.

Just because he is not a "trained expert" does not therefore mean the book is non-restored. That's a loony-tunes level disconnect in logic.

It's a good demonstration that one can be sincere, and totally wrong at the same time.

Yes, this is loony-toon's level stuff for sure. Here is another one of my faves:

If the top and bottom have been trimmed, why are the edges not straight?

lol

1 minute ago, newshane said:

Yes, this is loony-toon's level stuff for sure. Here is another one of my faves:

If the top and bottom have been trimmed, why are the edges not straight?

lol

Some other ideas for him to use: (no charge)

"If it was trimmed why would I sell it?"
"How can it be trimmed when I didnt trim it?"

"It has been out of my hands for 5 months-plenty of time for the trim faeries to get to it!"

"I dont believe in trim"

"I stand by my statement CGC got it wrong-keep resubmitting over and over and over till it comes back untrimmed.  Shouldnt cost you anything"
"If it's trimmed how come the staples are intact?"

"If it was trimmed the black light I used would have caught that"

"It cant be trimmed because I would refund if it was trimmed and I havent refunded"

"Why would someone trim ASM #5?"

1 minute ago, newshane said:

"It was trimmed at the factory." 

"CGC must have sent it to CCS for a trimming." 

"Stan Lee sometimes signs books by trimming them-he should pay me even more for that-"

"I cracked the book out of a PGX slab and they said it was not trimmed."