• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay Seller cornfieldcomics-and-bricks BEWARE
3 3

427 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

As a young buck, I'd often go stag on a weekend night actually hunting for some prime trim, as strange as that may seem.  :cloud9:

what about the staples-

Just now, James J Johnson said:

I've always considered trim a necessary staple. (worship)

:flipbait:

3 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

The people who administer and moderate the CBCS boards do tremendous damage to the company they "represent", and they aren't even aware of it. There's really no reason to ban anyone, especially from a corporate message board that requires customers to exist, short of spam or criminal activity. Perhaps persistent and documented negative commentary about the company, with nothing positive to balance it out. Suspending and banning people because they say things "we don't like" is never justification for doing so.

Have the right to do it? Undisputed. Absolute right to do whatever they want, however they want to.

Good business? Not even remotely. 

Not suggesting "Cornfield" wasn't doing what they claim he was...but the language used illustrates my point: "that do not violate forum rules"...according to their interpretation. "Needlessly" - again, interpretation. "excessive" - interpretation. They do what they wish to do...which is their right...but cloak it in "we're just following the rules" language, which is dishonest.

And, of course, public shaming without the ability to respond is another symptom of what I'm describing. It's really easy to make your point when you've silenced your target..

Does it have anything to do with your ban from that forum? We miss you over there. It was always fun - even though you always want to have the last say :)

"The book cant be trimmed because it just cant be"

Edited by kav

Just now, Poka said:

Does it have anything to do with your ban from that forum? We miss you over there. It was always fun - even though you always want to have the last say :)

Does the culture of corruption at CBCS have anything to do with my ban...?

No, that's a symptom, not a cause. That culture existed long before their message board (even though it wasn't yet publicly visible) and persists to this day. 

And what happens when you have a message board filled with people who "always want to have the last say"...?

Phase 4: ebay activity takes tremendous hit-

buy hey he still has the $300!!!  lol 

2 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

image.png.752732389c083aebb617536070dae53d.png

At $300, once ebay took their 10% or so, or whatever the heck they get now in 2019, and paypal takes their 5%, or whatever the heck they get now in 2019, figuring the postage a wash, the seller netted about $250--$260. When you consider that even if the seller bought an unrestored 1.0 and lopped off the bottom, looking to make a profit (which I'm not saying he did or didn't), that 1.0 Universal has a current market value of $250 (a 0.5 sold in May for $222), I'm going to guess that the seller not only didn't make money on the book, from whatever his source may have been, raw or slabbed, he probably lost money, and the biggest loss was to his reputation, which has no way of being calculated, exactly who or how many potential buyers may read this thread and decide to pass on his wares. That's an intangible loss that can't be estimated or calculated.

I was poor growing up. Spam. Potted meat on saltines. Bologna sandwiches, cold and fried. Vienna sausages. Fried chicken livers. Real healthy stuff. 

I used to love potted meat on white bread. I would barf all over the place now. 

13 minutes ago, newshane said:

I was poor growing up. Spam. Potted meat on saltines. Bologna sandwiches, cold and fried. Vienna sausages. Fried chicken livers. Real healthy stuff. 

I used to love potted meat on white bread. I would barf all over the place now. 

we ate a lot of brown sugar sandwiches 

3 minutes ago, kav said:

we ate a lot of brown sugar sandwiches 

mmmmmm...

I swear to god that the gov. cheese that came in those long, rectangular loaves in the plain cardboard boxes...that stuff was of the gods. 

5 minutes ago, newshane said:

I swear to god that the gov. cheese that came in those long, rectangular loaves in the plain cardboard boxes...that stuff was of the gods. 

We would get bulk items at the commissary-huge tubs of bbq chips and cookies and one time we got a huge jar of those pickled sausages those were delicious then I read the ingredients it was beef hearts and lips and stuff and I never ate another one-

Edited by kav

6 minutes ago, kav said:

We would get bulk items at the commissary-huge tubs of bbq chips and cookies and one time we got a huge jar of those pickled sausages those were delicious then I read the ingredients it was beef hearts and lips and stuff and I never ate another one-

The only clear solution was to load the "meat" with salt until it was palatable, which they did. lol 

Your typical 7-11 brand-x Slim Jim is really no different. 

6 minutes ago, newshane said:

The only clear solution was to load the "meat" with salt until it was palatable, which they did. lol 

Your typical 7-11 brand-x Slim Jim is really no different. 

Well, if there's no potted meat, Vienna sausages, saltines or slim jims, pork butts or taters, hog's jowls or road apples, pickled sausages or tripe, brown sugar or bologna sandwiches, desert oysters or government cheese handy, there's usually vermin available somewhere closeby: