• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay Seller cornfieldcomics-and-bricks BEWARE
3 3

427 posts in this topic

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

Mine was 167/117....

Now it's 136/88 

Bottom number is more what they want controlled, under 90 is best, a little under 80 or at 80 is ideal.

i always thought the top number was the biggie

Mine was 167/117....

Now it's 136/88 

Bottom number is more what they want controlled, under 90 is best, a little under 80 or at 80 is ideal.

I've had a sinus infection for almost 2 weeks now. Went to the doctor. 

190/115! 

I literally broke down into tears when the nurse left the room. 

Turns out it was a false reading due to a bad machine! *wipes sweaty brow." 

Just now, kav said:

Nope. Bottom. That's when the heart is relaxed. 

Just now, newshane said:

Nope. Bottom. That's when the heart is relaxed. 

oh god

1 minute ago, kav said:

no they want that under 140, more like 120....

1 minute ago, newshane said:

I've had a sinus infection for almost 2 weeks now. Went to the doctor. 

190/115! 

I literally broke down into tears when the nurse left the room. 

Turns out it was a false reading due to a bad machine! *wipes sweaty brow." 

I feel you, my pulse at the time was like 116 too....

Weird thing is, is that I felt great! lol but after the medicine it feels like I'm not "holding my breath" if that makes sense.... not so much a weight on the chest, just that I can calm down and take a breath....

no they want that under 140, more like 120....

I feel you, my pulse at the time was like 116 too....

Weird thing is, is that I felt great! lol but after the medicine it feels like I'm not "holding my breath" if that makes sense.... not so much a weight on the chest, just that I can calm down and take a breath....

My BP goes up and down.  I went to pharmacy and sat in that chair and checked after I had been exercising for a week.  BP was 245/175!!!!  wtf??
Turns out all those machines are completely useless and in fact dangerous because some old person could pass out in shock from the readings they give.  Went to Dr and it was 120/79

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Do you smoke?

I get a lot of second hand smoke.  Like a LOT

4 minutes ago, kav said:

BP was 245/175!!!!  wtf??

That's pretty much instant death right there. lol 

Just now, kav said:

My BP goes up and down.  I went to pharmacy and sat in that chair and checked after I had been exercising for a week.  BP was 245/175!!!!  wtf??
Turns out all those machines are completely useless and in fact dangerous because some old person could pass out in shock from the readings they give.  Went to Dr and it was 120/79

I have my own at home, but I'd get down to like 132/80 then go to the doctor and it would still be high..... just nerves I guess..

1 minute ago, kav said:

I get a lot of second hand smoke.  Like a LOT

They told me smoking affects it, I don't know about about 2nd hand. I wouldn't worry too much. When mine was high, they still let me drive home....

I think the thread has officially become "ebay seller cornfield comics and bricks BEWARE...of the side effects of aging!"

We're old.

@ADAMANTIUM glad you're ok, keep doing what the doc tells you and hang in there! @kav best of luck! 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I have my own at home, but I'd get down to like 132/80 then go to the doctor and it would still be high..... just nerves I guess..

They told me smoking affects it, I don't know about about 2nd hand. I wouldn't worry too much. When mine was high, they still let me drive home....

My brother passed away.  His BP was like 80/40.  He posted on facebook.  I googled and nowhere did I find that this was some dangerous condition.  He was afraid to go to Dr because last time he went he asked if Dr took his insurance.  Dr office said yes.  What that meant was they will take his insurance and try to bill but when bill declined he had a $1200 doctors bill.  So he died from leak in aorta 2 weeks later.  We were talking on facebook about comics that was the last thing he said.

4 minutes ago, kav said:

My brother passed away.  His BP was like 80/40.  He posted on facebook.  I googled and nowhere did I find that this was some dangerous condition.  He was afraid to go to Dr because last time he went he asked if Dr took his insurance.  Dr office said yes.  What that meant was they will take his insurance and try to bill but when bill declined he had a $1200 doctors bill.  So he died from leak in aorta 2 weeks later.  We were talking on facebook about comics that was the last thing he said.

Sorry to hear that :(

it's good that now your checking, I had to since I think this stuff is passed down....

basically the pill isn't a diaretitc but it's loaded with potassium, so they gave me another pill to flush it out and to drink lots of water...

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Sorry to hear that :(

it's good that now your checking, I had to since I think this stuff is passed down....

basically the pill isn't a diaretitc but it's loaded with potassium, so they gave me another pill to flush it out and to drink lots of water...

Overall for how sedentary I am I am amazingly healthy.  I literally just sit on my couch all day.  When I was younger I exercised strenuously 6 or more hours a day.  I did both ballet and martial arts and ran 5 miles a day plus my special designed exercises.  When i would go to doctor they would always go that cant be right and check again because BP and pulse were so low.  What this did I guess was create resilient body in old age.

Just now, kav said:

Overall for how sedentary I am I am amazingly healthy.  I literally just sit on my couch all day.  When I was younger I exercised strenuously 6 or more hours a day.  I did both ballet and martial arts and ran 5 miles a day plus my special designed exercises.  When i would go to doctor they would always go that cant be right and check again because BP and pulse were so low.  What this did I guess was create resilient body in old age.

Preach! I did mile runs at school as a kid it kept me through my 20's, after graduating college and now sitting at a computer.... I miss even walking around the campus lol 

gdUJLdx.gif

9 minutes ago, kav said:

Anyway back to Cornpone comics and Brick Oven fired pizza!

If this guy was "reporting posts" across the street...

Does that mean he was reporting them here too?

hm :popcorn:

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If this guy was "reporting posts" across the street...

Does that mean he was reporting them here too?

hm :popcorn:

Probably.  And thats the last time I go to CBCS forum-they locked thread when nothing was out of line.  No wonder that place so dead.  Boring.

1 minute ago, kav said:

Probably.  And thats the last time I go to CBCS forum-they locked thread when nothing was out of line.  No wonder that place so dead.  Boring.

last i looked, i couldn't figure out how to manage them, but chaos etc

looks as though this issue is pretty wrapped up anyway, but if cornwheel does return we shall remember...