• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay Seller cornfieldcomics-and-bricks BEWARE
3 3

427 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, newshane said:

You forgot pickled pig's feet and fried squirrel brains.

ah yes, Clarice-

1 hour ago, newshane said:

I was poor growing up. Spam. Potted meat on saltines. Bologna sandwiches, cold and fried. Vienna sausages. Fried chicken livers. Real healthy stuff. 

I used to love potted meat on white bread. I would barf all over the place now. 

One word:

Gout.

2 hours ago, Poka said:

Does it have anything to do with your ban from that forum? We miss you over there. It was always fun - even though you always want to have the last say :)

I log in once in awhile... the place is still a mess... then a year goes by and I wonder what is going on... then I log in.... I see the place is still a mess... rinse repeat. 

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I log in once in awhile... the place is still a mess... then a year goes by and I wonder what is going on... then I log in.... I see the place is still a mess... rinse repeat. 

Change around here can only be for the worse. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. How can you improve on perfection?

10 hours ago, kav said:
10 hours ago, newshane said:

I was poor growing up. Spam. Potted meat on saltines. Bologna sandwiches, cold and fried. Vienna sausages. Fried chicken livers. Real healthy stuff. 

I used to love potted meat on white bread. I would barf all over the place now. 

we ate a lot of brown sugar sandwiches 

When I'd stay with relatives as a kid, we'd enjoy bread, mayonnaise, and onion sandwiches.....

Look, I zoned out for a minute, is trimming potted meat food product considered restoration or no?

Also, as white trash from the suburbs of Louisville, KY, I've had more than my fair share of potted meat, vienna sausages (or "Vi-eeny Wienies", as we liked to call them), Spam, pickled red hots, etc. No shame in my game.

22 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Beer, fish high in purines, mushrooms, all worse for gout than the spam related prepackage meats.  I know because I have it in both feet, knees and elbows.  It is not fun.

I finally got my gout under control a few months ago. Hit me from out of the blue last summer. Started going to the doctor, they put me on a medicine which seems to CAUSE flare-ups. Interesting note: the medication used to treat gout can also...cause gout. Anyway, after three months of routine doctor's visits, we finally got it straightened out. Possibly the most miserable I've ever been in my life. You don't realize how much you take for granted the ability to simply put your foot down flat on the floor, until you can't.

3 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I finally got my gout under control a few months ago. Hit me from out of the blue last summer. Started going to the doctor, they put me on a medicine which seems to CAUSE flare-ups. Interesting note: the medication used to treat gout can also...cause gout. Anyway, after three months of routine doctor's visits, we finally got it straightened out. Possibly the most miserable I've ever been in my life. You don't realize how much you take for granted the ability to simply put your foot down flat on the floor, until you can't.

Try new Endestoria for rectal pain!!  Side effects may include rectal pain- (shrug)

3 minutes ago, F For Fake said:
28 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Beer, fish high in purines, mushrooms, all worse for gout than the spam related prepackage meats.  I know because I have it in both feet, knees and elbows.  It is not fun.

If were going through this :makepoint: my dad went to the hospital due to blood pressure a couple of years ago, since I'm 37 I decided to get regular check-ups and now take BP medicine.....

It is amazing how little round things can make you feel better, I didn't bother to read the side effects..... "CAUSE" gout? snap! :censored:

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

If were going through this :makepoint: my dad went to the hospital due to blood pressure a couple of years ago, since I'm 37 I decided to get regular check-ups and now take BP medicine.....

It is amazing how little round things can make you feel better, I didn't bother to read the side effects..... "CAUSE" gout? snap! :censored:

Does the BP medicine make you tired?

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Does the BP medicine make you tired?

It did at first but not due to low blood pressure, I stopped drinking 2 pots of coffee a day and now only do 1 pot.... I get tired at the end of the day, after I cook a big meal for dinner... lol 

to be expected

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It did at first but not due to low blood pressure, I stopped drinking 2 pots of coffee a day and now only do 1 pot.... I get tired at the end of the day, after I cook a big meal for dinner... lol 

to be expected

is it a diuretic or one a them angiotensin ones?

1 minute ago, kav said:

My BP is 120/90 I have to go in Mon for a check

Mine was 167/117....

Now it's 136/88 

Bottom number is more what they want controlled, under 90 is best, a little under 80 or at 80 is ideal.