• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay Seller cornfieldcomics-and-bricks BEWARE
3 3

427 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, BSeldin305 said:

Dude, I gave you every opportunity to work it out.  The messages are their - you made ZERO effort.  

PS Me asking for $100 instead of a full refund is not akin to you offering a full refund.   You have never made that offer.  

Seriously, post one pic of you trying to work it out.  ONE PIC!

This is his opportunity-we'll see what happens.  I'm rooting for him.  If he refuses with the excuse that well you already bashed him that will come off as AN EXCUSE.

Edited by kav

1 minute ago, Peoplesjim said:

If he wants a refund, he needs to contact me through eBay messages. I am willing to make it right, even though he caused all of this headache.

Good man.

-and dont think of it as a headache-he gave you an opportunity to show what you are made of.  

2 minutes ago, kav said:

This is his opportunity-we'll see what happens.  I'm rooting for him.  If he refuses with the excuse that well you already bashed him that will come off as AN EXCUSE.

Look this was not about getting additional monies from seller. 

There are no " you better do this and this or I will post things".  This is about  me letting members of the community know about this seller and my experience with him.  

Folks can read the messages for themselves and decide if they want to do business with him.  But I thought folks should know.  

12 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Hey now !

11 minutes ago, Bird said:

Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né

I was thinking more along the lines of ... 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I was thinking more along the lines of ... 

giphy.gif

332rbv.jpg

1 minute ago, BSeldin305 said:

OK.  I have advised the seller that he sends me the $300 back tonight, I will return his now  

Typically one returns ebay purchase first, then gets refund-

I just made a return and received my refund today.  GI 

9 minutes ago, kav said:

332rbv.jpg

I received $90 back today.  Seller sold me a GI Joe vehicle that was advertised as complete and it was missing 3 missiles, 1 missile pod, separate missile from the cannon, the figure's handgun, and the ammo clip to the rifle.  He offered me a partial refund.  Problem is that the parts NEVER come up for sale.  The vehicle is either sold complete or not with the missing pieces never listed. 

He was unhappy that he had to pay shipping back but... I didn't want an incomplete vehicle, I wanted a complete one.  whaddyagonnado... ?

I returned the vehicle (Packed it better than he did incidentally) and received my refund a day later. 

How is that for staying on topic?  

Edited by Buzzetta

4 hours ago, BSeldin305 said:

Look, I can not tell if a book is restored/ trimmed;  but if it is advertised as UNRESTORED in the description I feel the buyer has a right to rely on that representation.

But why would you "rely" on information you could not detect yourself?

3 hours ago, BSeldin305 said:

Restoration is black and white.

This isn't true in every sense. Its black and white in that if it is present or not. But it's not black and white to the naked eye, as neither of you detected it.

I only ask that you consider this from the sellers perspective. Both of you are getting an undesirable outcome from this situation. He had a book that he thought was unrestored, sells it, and 5 months later a guy wants $100 from him. He has no idea what could have been done to the comic, by either you (not saying anything was done) or CGC. He was not in possession of the book during those 5 months. He is not responsible for what happened during those 5 months (even if something didn't happen). Conversely, you are at a loss in the grade your book returned as. Both of you are at a loss in this situation.

If you get a partial refund, the only one at a loss is the seller, and if you get no refund the only one at loss is the buyer. You should get a full refund and return the book regardless of $$$ spent on grading. In this case both of you loose a little $$$ and each take part of the blame.

Then again, just my opinion. 2c

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

So who else is stoked for Toy Story 4? 

Rambo 5 baby

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I sense a 'pressing' thread coming up. 

Speaking of.

Is trimming restoration, or just really small, controlled, deliberate "missing pieces?" (shrug)

Edited by HuddyBee

1 minute ago, HuddyBee said:

Speaking of.

Is trimming restoration, or just really small, controlled, deliberate "missing pieces?" (shrug)

(shrug)