• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Commission Cover Recreation Ideas

19 posts in this topic

I am thinking of having a cover recreation done but with some character substitution.  As an example, I had the one below done some time ago.  Just thought I would try to get some ideas from folks since I can't decide.  I thought about a Tec' 31 with someone else besides Bats but not sure who?  But I open to any ideas.  

I'm open to most any genre but if I stay with substitution idea, superhero would be the easiest but through out PCH, sci-fi, funny animal...

Any ideas?

AllWinners4_Recreation.thumb.jpg.d3c67ab2be40be74183cd7586d067e19.jpg

The above example is very cool. Swapping out DC and Timely heros on their respective covers would be awesome. Superman on Cap 1, Cap and Bucky on Batman 1 (then theirs the challenge of logo swaps on those too :idea: )

Try putting a giant Batman in place of the Shadow in this. Similar to what they did with Spy Smasher -

the-shadow-shadowed-millions-conde-nast.

latest?cb=20060805123746

Or use this Spy Smasher cover and instead of president on Mount Rushmore list other heroes you want. So, say, have Cap socking Hitler in the foreground and put Torch, Subby, etc. whomever on the mountain -

latest?cb=20090701235127

2 hours ago, sagii said:

The above example is very cool. Swapping out DC and Timely heros on their respective covers would be awesome. Superman on Cap 1, Cap and Bucky on Batman 1 (then theirs the challenge of logo swaps on those too :idea: )

I have thought about doing something with Cap 1.  I actually thought about having Hoppy the Marvel Bunny replacing Cap.  

2 hours ago, Scrooge said:

Try putting a giant Batman in place of the Shadow in this. Similar to what they did with Spy Smasher -

the-shadow-shadowed-millions-conde-nast.

Great ideas, Michael.  I love me some Shadow.  He was the one I was thinking on the Tec 31 cover.  I like the idea above.

I'd do an iconic cover (say Avengers 4) with heroes replaced with Standard/Nedor Heroes.

Oops looks like that's what you kind of did in the last commission.

So maybe reverse it and replace the heroes on All Star Comics 3 with your favorite silver age heroes.

Edited by thunsicker

As an aside I just notice how few of the Nedor line have actual super villains on the covers.  And actually Timely's too for that matter.  Are DC comics (and to a lesser extend Fawcett the only ones who had Super Villains and put them on the covers?)

1 hour ago, lpsunburst said:

I have been looking for an artist to do a commission for me in the style of De Soto or Rozen, anybody know of an artist who does vintage pulp style work?

If I had to pick someone, I'd say Gary Gianni would do a fantastic job.

3 hours ago, thunsicker said:

As an aside I just notice how few of the Nedor line have actual super villains on the covers.  And actually Timely's too for that matter.  Are DC comics (and to a lesser extend Fawcett the only ones who had Super Villains and put them on the covers?)

Fawcett was the other that came to my mind, too, Tim.  I had thought about incorporating Captain Nazi somehow if I go with a war theme.  

Know he isn't on the cover of all of these but some of my favorite covers are Master 21-23 and 25.  Would love to have copies of those.

Edited by telerites

Necroing this thread, cause i'm looking for recommendations for artists that would be good with doing Golden Age style art for a cover recreation I want done. Pro or amateur, i'm open to hire either so long as they can draw something that looks like early Mystic Comics cover art :)

5 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

Necroing this thread, cause i'm looking for recommendations for artists that would be good with doing Golden Age style art for a cover recreation I want done. Pro ... that looks like early Mystic Comics cover art :)

Is Ray Lago still ;) pencilling or painting?

08QcjrD.jpg