• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHO IS # 1? NOT BOOK BUT GOLDEN AGE DEALER IN THE COUNTRY IYHO
3 3

65 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Agreed, I like Jim a lot but his inventory has seemingly become very stale.

his grading is pretty tight on raw books which is great...he does get nice golden age occasionally but it sells quickly. I was happy to grab some Timelys from him a few years ago...

On 4/16/2019 at 1:38 PM, Frank Mozz said:

JUST WONDERING IF THERE IS A GENERAL CONSENSUS ON WHO WOULD BE CONSIDERED THE TOP GOLDEN AGE DEALER IN OUR HOBBY? WONDERING IF IT WOULD BE AN AUCTION HOUSE OR A SINGLE DEALER? IF YOU FEEL LIKE NAMING A FEW THAT'S COOL. ALSO INTERESTED IN WHO IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN SAY 20 OR 30 YRS AGO?

If by top the meaning is in their profile in the hobby as to name and hype I’d go with Metro and Heritage probably today. I’ve purchased stuff from both for years and will continue to do so when I see something I like but honestly Metro could spend more time with accuracy in their grading and noting restoration which they seem to miss more often than others and Heritage is usually paying top dollar and then some for much of their books. They do have some killer stuff at times which is why they can do it.

Tops to me are the dealers I’ve used that are real (mostly) and I don’t have to be on guard during every transaction for fear that someone is trying to press an advantage over me.

So (when possible) I would use other dealers like Bedrock, Gator, Harley, Dale Roberts, Highgradecomics, Superworld, etc...(wish in some cases I’d used a few of these guys more often based on the results)

I’m just a minor collector in the field and none of the above are perfect but I’ve not experienced any deliberate attempts to take advantage of me and often the opposite where they are willing to work with you balancing business with customer service. 

Good business practices = tops to me in collecting...

Edited by N e r V