• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Started dabbling in precode horror

24 posts in this topic

So looking for a Ghost Comics 1 in the 6-7.0 range. Gpa shows very limited sales and kind of all over the place.

Per gpa last year 6.0 sold for $1320. 6.5 for $2000 and 7.0 for $1800. 

The only two sales this year was a 4.5 for $1300 and 5.0 for $900 (5.0 seems relatively low in comparison to the other sales - does this mean book is getting cheaper? )

So what should I set my expectations realistically for price in 6-7 range to acquire one of these. 

Prices will be higher from an auction house but you should be able to get one in the fine range for $1800 to 2k depending how it presents.The 2 and 6 are the hottest but i love the way the 1 has so much going on.You can't go wrong with the whole run in my opinion (thumbsu

The prices really skyrocketed due to the intersection of escalating GGA and PCH genres ….. if you're patient, you may see a slight price correction. I think my absolute favorite of the run is # 4 ….. my buddy had the Cosmic Aeroplane and sold it a few years ago... I just couldn't swing it at the time. It's one of my favorite runs, good covers AND interior work. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

… you might try the want list route with some of the more active convention dealers like Storms, Bedrock, Bunky, Harley Yee..... etc. 

I sold my graded 6.5 Ghost 1 undercopy for $2000 a year or two ago when I upgraded to the Northford. It wasn't a particularly attractive example of a 6.5 either. 

Ghost was red-hot when I sold it and I don't think it would bring a huge premium if sold again. I'd expect to pay $1800-2500 for a 6.0 to 7.0. 

Edited by october