• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone tell me if this is some kind of rare valuable misprint?

5 posts in this topic

So i sold this book in a lot online, later on someone messaged me to tell me that i just sold a $16,000 book. He said this book sold a couple years back online for 16k because its a rare misprint. Has anyone heard of this????

The Best of DC Blue Ribbon Digest #16

20190416_200313.jpg

14 hours ago, Mailman_Comics said:

So i sold this book in a lot online, later on someone messaged me to tell me that i just sold a $16,000 book. He said this book sold a couple years back online for 16k because its a rare misprint. Has anyone heard of this????

The Best of DC Blue Ribbon Digest #16

20190416_200313.jpg

what's the misprint? Cause the cover is offset and you can see the bottom of the next cover at the top of this cover? 

Rarely, RAAAAAAARRRREEEELLLLYYY are such printing mistakes more valuable (and often they are less valuable as people want "perfect" copies of books. 

Granted there are some who collect printing oddities, but they rarely pay over value vs a regular copy. And you have to find those odd collectors (someone here collects color offset copies of GA books if I remember right). 

The exception to this is when there is a print run error, and the printing is pulled (not distributed) and the corrected version is distributed, but somehow a small number of the error run make it out of the printer shop and into the market. But again, those are usually editorial pulls (ie the Superman cover where he's drinking a beer, or the Daredevil cover that has the Registration symbol on his nose) due to a change, rather than printing errors.