• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coming to America!
1 1

48 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Phantalien said:

Washington D.C.?

I don't know of any good shops there for what you are looking for, though I am sure there is someone here who would disagree with me.   You can hop on the metro in D.C. to the Wheaton stop and head on to Barbarian Books.  They have Golden - modern there though I am not sure how the prices are.   I always remembered them to be fair.

The DC area is the worst area in the country for back issue comics. 

The only real store in the entire DC metro area that will have what you're looking for is Victory Comics in Falls Church. If you want to take a ride up to the Baltimore area, go to Cards, Comics, and Collectibles in Reisterstown, MD, which will have everything you're looking for.

Of course, you could just come to my house - I have more comics than 75% of all comic stores in the country.

When will you be in the DC area? 

3 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

Of course, you could just come to my house - I have more comics than 75% of all comic stores in the country.

I've come to Baltimore every year for the last 6 years, and I've never been invited over.

I'm crushed. CRUSHED, I SAY!

:cry:

Just now, RockMyAmadeus said:

I've come to Baltimore every year for the last 6 years, and I've never been invited over.

I'm crushed. CRUSHED, I SAY!

:cry:

Because when Baltimore happens I'm not in my house. I'm in a hotel room across the street from the hotel, 70 miles away from my house. 

1 minute ago, FlyingDonut said:

Because when Baltimore happens I'm not in my house. I'm in a hotel room across the street from the hotel, 70 miles away from my house. 

Last year, I spent the week in between Baltimore and NYCC noodling around DC. Maybe I'll do that again this year.

But I ain't inviting myself to your house. :whistle:

21 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Last year, I spent the week in between Baltimore and NYCC noodling around DC. Maybe I'll do that again this year.

But I ain't inviting myself to your house. :whistle:

Well come on down. Baltimore is in October this year, so I can breathe.

I’ve been to both several times and there is literally nothing better about Detroit compared to Chicago.  A couple things about Detroit May be cooler then Cleveland but that is not saying much.

8 hours ago, oakman29 said:

All that way , and not going to California? 

You'll be missing out on a ton of babes.:luhv:

The west coast is going to be a trip on its own.

The original plan was to drive from Los Angeles to Seattle, then a train across to Chicago. But that meant losing days in the east. 

Cheers!

8 hours ago, aszumilo said:

For Las Vegas Stores

Torpedo Comics - large selection of SA/BA, prices are a bit high.  You have to see their Vault.

Cosmic Comics - largest store in the city, good selection - prices also a bit high

Alternate Reality - closest to the strip, not a large selection of back issues, but, some decent deals can be found there

Any chance of finding Bronze Age mags in any of these places?

8 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I live in California, and yeah, on a day to day basis, we are pretty blessed.  The Beach Boys are my favorite band and I've always loved the part from the song "California Girls":

"I been all around this great big world
And I seen all kinds of girls
Yeah, but I couldn't wait to get back in the States
Back to the cutest girls in the world"

That said, I've never seen such a stunning array of beautiful women as when I go to Vegas pool parties.  It gets expensive though (the cover and drinks I mean).

My small town of about 20,000 residents is completely overrun with Instagram models right now due to Coachella. Like infrastructure problems because of the sheer number of hot women. 

57 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

My small town of about 20,000 residents is completely overrun with Instagram models right now due to Coachella. Like infrastructure problems because of the sheer number of hot women. 

My <3 bleeds for you you're in my thoughts poor man.:foryou: