• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DD1 5.0 or Avengers 1 4.0: which one would your rather?

9 posts in this topic

I always felt Avengers #1 was a bit over-rated.   While the Avengers have become household names due to the MCU, there are no first appearances worth noting.   DD is a first appearance of a long running character.  

This is what is stopping me from offering a trade proposal to someone. The fact that their isn't any first appearances. The MCU is wrapping up the Avengers story and I can't really see the book taking any more big leaps for a while. DD on the other hand still hasn't gotten a worthy movie and feels really under valued.

Regardless of the first appearance question (and it’s the first appearance of The Avengers - that doesn’t count?) if your concern is solely value, the 12 month sales average of DD# 1 in 5.0 is $2032 while the 12 month sales average Avengers #1 in 4.0 is $2526. Daredevil #1 may be undervalued, but he's also a less popular character than the Avengers.

What better way to use my 1st post.  I would go with the Avengers, it is more iconic overall, and though the current movie universe is wrapping up the comic universe is not going anywhere.

Daredevil is much less idolized in comparison, at least in my opinion.

46 minutes ago, Flamesfan1982 said:

This is what is stopping me from offering a trade proposal to someone. The fact that their isn't any first appearances. The MCU is wrapping up the Avengers story and I can't really see the book taking any more big leaps for a while. DD on the other hand still hasn't gotten a worthy movie and feels really under valued.

Buy/trade the books that you want.