• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS Click-n-ship not working.

20 posts in this topic

If you have a non-eBay transaction, and would like to print your label at home, you're out of luck. Their system is completely down. You cannot ship international labels from Paypal, and doing so from the eBay shipping portal may be possible, but I don't recommend it, because attaching another shipment to an existing transaction is a bad idea. 

It's 2019, and the only way to ship internationally through USPS right now is to go into a post office.

How lovely.

I experienced the same thing with USPS today- after about 45 minutes of flailing and odd error messages, I gave up, and went to the PO to do things the old fashioned way, which sucked, because it was a long-form shipment to Oh Canaduh.  It took a full 20 minutes at the PO to complete the forms, then the posty has to completely copy everything into the system, etc.

46 minutes ago, paperheart said:

google it, the USPS Int'l First Class has been unavailable on-line since Jan 2019 doh! 

:whee:

48 minutes ago, oldrover said:

I had the same thing happen yesterday... tried to print a label, and it said I hadn't completed the address, even the first name LOL. Tried it three times.

Then closed out Firefox, opened Chrome, and entered the label no problem. FYI.

That was one of my error messages - I was on the Microsoft internet browser.

16 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

It's 2019, and the only way to ship internationally through USPS right now is to go into a post office.

This seems a bit dramatic to me, as I'm sure this will be proven false in the very near future.  (At the very least, when the calendar strikes 2020, this will definitely be a false statement :insane:)

Have you come here for support, or are you coming here to vent frustrations?  I assume the latter, as no details have been provided on the former.  Regardless, if you haven't already attempted any troubleshooting, you should try combinations of refreshing, reloading, updating, and switching your internet browser.  In my experience, the USPS website doesn't like old cache/cookies, and it dropped support for older browsers last month (or maybe the month before).  In my experience, Chrome works better than Firefox, which works better than Edge.

If all that fails, a little patience goes a long way.  I highly doubt we'll go the remainder of 2019 without having a means of shipping internationally outside of going into a post office.

6 hours ago, masterlogan2000 said:

This seems a bit dramatic to me, as I'm sure this will be proven false in the very near future.  (At the very least, when the calendar strikes 2020, this will definitely be a false statement :insane:)

Have you come here for support, or are you coming here to vent frustrations?  I assume the latter, as no details have been provided on the former.  Regardless, if you haven't already attempted any troubleshooting, you should try combinations of refreshing, reloading, updating, and switching your internet browser.  In my experience, the USPS website doesn't like old cache/cookies, and it dropped support for older browsers last month (or maybe the month before).  In my experience, Chrome works better than Firefox, which works better than Edge.

If all that fails, a little patience goes a long way.  I highly doubt we'll go the remainder of 2019 without having a means of shipping internationally outside of going into a post office.

Here is the response from the USPS technical support:

USPS logo

Recently you requested personal assistance from the United States Postal Service. Below is a summary of your request and our response. Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject:  Attention Required: A new customer Inquiry has been logged in the eCustomerCare System for CaseId :HQ142682333 (KMM60308912V48644L0KM)

We are aware of the outage of the application you would like to use.  We are in the process of resolving the issue . Please continue to check back with us regularly.

We apologize for any inconvenience this matter may cause you.

Thank you for emailing your Postal Service™,

And now you know.

As to the purpose of this thread, it is neither for support, nor to vent frustration, but to inform people so they don't waste their time trying to "fix" that which is not currently fixable, as I did.

As an update, I am pleased to report that it appears USPS has resolved the outstanding issues, as I am once again able to print international labels from Click-n-ship. I'm glad my customers were able to exercise a little patience, and didn't have to wait the remainder of 2019 for their packages. 

Phew. 

23 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

You cannot ship international labels from Paypal,

Why not? I do it all the time but maybe you are leaving something out. Did one yesterday for Canada.

11 hours ago, Bird said:
On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:37 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

You cannot ship international labels from Paypal,

Why not? I do it all the time but maybe you are leaving something out. Did one yesterday for Canada.

I know I can do it if I have a Paypal payment from someone international, but does anyone know how to use the multi-shipping tool to generate one from scratch without a payment?  When I attempt to do this, I only get US states options.

5 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I know I can do it if I have a Paypal payment from someone international, but does anyone know how to use the multi-shipping tool to generate one from scratch without a payment?  When I attempt to do this, I only get US states options.

Not a multi-tool, but paypal.com/shipnow lets you select an international destination and create a label.

8 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Not a multi-tool, but paypal.com/shipnow lets you select an international destination and create a label.

what he said

4 minutes ago, Bird said:
13 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

what he said

So, when I go to that link, I get a pop up that covers the screen with only US destinations.  I can see the edit button to change the country in the background/underlay, but can't seem to access it, or find the underlaying page from the main screen.  Maybe it is a browser problem again with Microsoft?  Nevermind - I figured it out.  Anyone know how I access that page without manually typing it in?

Edited by lizards2

15 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

So, when I go to that link, I get a pop up that covers the screen with only US destinations.  I can see the edit button to change the country in the background/underlay, but can't seem to access it, or find the underlaying page from the main screen.  Maybe it is a browser problem again with Microsoft?  Nevermind - I figured it out.  Anyone know how I access that page without manually typing it in?

Bookmark www.paypal.com/shipnow

4 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Bookmark www.paypal.com/shipnow

I haven't been able to figure out bookmarks since we got a new version of IE (with the new computer) a couple years ago :sorry: 

I copied and pasted the link to my reference sheet - thanks!