• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR 4: LOVE AND THUNDER directed by Taika Waititi (11/5/21)
9 9

957 posts in this topic

"She's in form," Thompson said, which was later confirmed by a character portrait released by Marvel. The studio tweeted out simple head shots of Earth's mightiest heroes with portraits of the snap victims rendered in black and white, with the known survivors photographed in color, including Valkyrie.

la-1555522439-ewbwekxmuq-snap-image

But due to the top-secret nature of everything about the film, Thompson can't actually confirm that Valkyrie will make an appearance in "Endgame." And as for an upcoming "Thor" sequel, Thompson said she doesn't know for sure it will happen. (Marvel has kept most of its future MCU plans under wraps until "Endgame" is released.)

"I heard that a pitch has happened for [another "Thor" film]. I don't know how real that intel is, but I hear that the pitch has happened. I think the idea is Taika [Waititi, who directed 'Ragnarok'] would come back."

Edited by Bosco685
Crack An Egg On It (Caw Caw)

Thor has the most tragic MCU story, man.

Mourned for his brother's fake death.

Mother killed by Malekith.

Mourned for his brother's fake death.

Father dies.

Has to help kill his sister.

Best friend is killed by Thanos.

Brother is brutally murdered by Thanos.

He's always been under-powered/under-utilized. He has so much power now, with the Bifrost, and I'd like to see him harness the Odinforce to be on a level like Strange + Eye of Agamotto. It would be tough to see a Thor movie without Loki, though. Their chemistry together was great in every movie.

20 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

emotion01.gif.9042a2eb1df1cb7185c4204d6ae2c545.gif

Possibly another dance-off finale as used previously by Star-Lord, with the intention of distracting a serious threat such as Mangog, I suspect.

Edited by Ken Aldred

17 hours ago, Oddball said:

Never read Thor growing up and didn’t care for any of the Thor movies until Ragnarok. I know, that makes me a bad person but I like what I like. If the same directors doing it, I’m all in.

I know that Hemsworth’s eyebrows being dyed was distracting, and The Destroyer backhanding Thor (and killing him?) was pretty lame, but you didn’t like his 1st movie at all?

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

I know that Hemsworth’s eyebrows being dyed was distracting, and The Destroyer backhanding Thor (and killing him?) was pretty lame, but you didn’t like his 1st movie at all?

Didn’t hate it and there were a couple of parts I liked but overall wasn’t impressed.

Not a Thor fan whatsoever but Thor 3 was really good.

Way better than Thor 1 and 2.

Hemsworth actually has excellent comedic timing (see Ghostbusters) and works better with some humor.

So far after Thor and Groot/Rocket - Thor and Hulk im really excited to see who Thor pairs up with next...

Thor and Starlord meeting was hillarious...:headbang:

I'd argue that Thor 1 is one of the strongest films in the MCU, story-wise.It has an actual three act story and Thor's personal development as the main character IS the story. With Iron Man and Chaplain America, their personal development was over in the first act, with powering up and stopping the bad guy taking up the rest of their movies. Thor 1 had a great villain (maybe the MCU's best villain) who also developed personally as the movie went along, and continues to be a beloved MCU character. The movie's turning points throughout were all strong, whether it was Thor being cast out from Asgard, Thor finally becoming worthy of Mjolnir again, or Loki's "death." Yeah, I'd say Thor, as an origin story, is one of the better MCU films.

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I'd argue that Thor 1 is one of the strongest films in the MCU, story-wise.It has an actual three act story and Thor's personal development as the main character IS the story. With Iron Man and Chaplain America, their personal development was over in the first act, with powering up and stopping the bad guy taking up the rest of their movies. Thor 1 had a great villain (maybe the MCU's best villain) who also developed personally as the movie went along, and continues to be a beloved MCU character. The movie's turning points throughout were all strong, whether it was Thor being cast out from Asgard, Thor finally becoming worthy of Mjolnir again, or Loki's "death." Yeah, I'd say Thor, as an origin story, is one of the better MCU films.

See, we agree on something when you aren't doing the 'DC vs Marvel' thing. ;)

To me, Thor 1 is an outstanding origin story that I still have in my Top 10 MCU films. So much of the source material is brought to bear in that story, and so many solid casting choices demonstrated. Including a fantastic Lady Sif. And once the Thor: Ragnarok glamour wore off and it dawned on me they had wiped out much of the key Asgard characters and the location itself, I liked it a little less and appreciated Thor 1 that much more. At least for me that's where these films landed.

And I really liked how Destroyer was designed in Thor, and how Thor himself comes to terms with his destiny.

'Know this, Son of Coul...' xD

Edited by Bosco685

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

See, we agree on something when you aren't doing the 'DC vs Marvel' thing. ;)

To me, Thor 1 is an outstanding origin story that I still have in my Top 10 MCU films. So much of the source material is brought to bear in that story, and so many solid casting choices demonstrated. Including a fantastic Lady Sif. And once the Thor: Ragnarok glamour wore off and it dawned on me they had wiped out much of the key Asgard characters and the location itself, I liked it a little less and appreciated Thor 1 that much more. At least for me that's where these films landed.

Not to mention maybe the most important thing...Marvel successfully pulled off Thor. It seems no big deal now, it back then, who knew how it’d turn out? Selling a super-hero movie about a Norse god with a flying hammer who gets trapped on Earth to a general audience was no simple task, and Marvel did it. It’s the movie that really set up The Avengers.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

27 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Marvel successfully pulled off Thor.

6 hours ago, TheBook said:

Not a Thor fan whatsoever but Thor 3 was really good.

I agree with both of you guys.

The movie version of Thor is more likable than the comic version just like the Aquaman of the movies is way cooler than the comic book version. Yes, sometimes the Hollywood versions are better than the comic book counterparts.  :whatthe:

:fear:

9 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Not to mention maybe the most important thing...Marvel successfully pulled off Thor. It seems no big deal now, it back then, who knew how it’d turn out? Selling a super-hero movie about a Norse god with a flying hammer who gets trapped on Earth to a general audience was no simple task, and Marvel did it. It’s the movie that really set up The Avengers.

So right!

It was a smart move putting Thor in the capable hands of Kenneth Branagh. It was a sad decision to let him go without a fight. He immersed himself in the source material and mythological stories.

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I wonder if this little reminder is due to either an appearance in Endgame, or hints to Thor 4. hm

She was a casualty in The Decimation (it's going to be undone, but to what degree?). I'm pretty sure that the MCU has washed their hands of her.

I honestly would not want to see her in Thor 4, assuming that Thor survives, and he has another self-titled film. She should've died in Ragnarok.