• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR 4: LOVE AND THUNDER directed by Taika Waititi (11/5/21)
9 9

957 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

She was a casualty in The Decimation (it's going to be undone, but to what degree?). I'm pretty sure that the MCU has washed their hands of her.

I honestly would not want to see her in Thor 4, assuming that Thor survives, and he has another self-titled film. She should've died in Ragnarok.

Her missing at the time really doesn't flow well with her loyalty to Asgard, though I realize they didn't want to work around her Blindspot TV show schedule. She did want to be involved, though.

Jaimie Alexander explains why Thor: Ragnarok is missing Sif

“I was asked, but the timing of when they were going to shoot and when Blindspot was gonna shoot — it was pretty much the same time,” Alexander told Yahoo Movies, noting her NBC series’ production schedule. “So there was a conflict there. I was hoping for more of a notice from [the studio] so I could make it work, but it was a short notice thing. They called and said, ‘Hey, by the way, would you come do this?’ I said there is no way I can make that work that fast.”

Bummer.

If she's in this movie or Thor 4, I'm sure they'll explain some kind of mission she was on for Odin (or Loki as Odin), either to keep out of Loki's hair or to safeguard one of the nine realms, etc.  I would love to see her back in the MCU, though, even if briefly.

Chris Hemsworth, the actor who plays Thor in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, isn’t sure what Marvel’s plans for the Odinson are, but he’d love to be a part of them. “I’d still love to do more, to be honest,” Hemsworth says in a profile piece in Variety. “And I don’t know what the plan is. I feel like we’ve opened up such a different character. I feel more energized for the possibility of where it could go...But I’ll use that in other places and other characters if it’s the end here.”

Thor’s story in Avengers: Endgame saw him struggling with his emotional and mental state after failing to stop Thanos from snapping away half of all life in the universe. That distress resulted in Thor taking on a slacker lifestyle and manifested physically with him becoming out of shape and developing a “Lebowski belly.” The profile reveals that Marvel planned to revert Thor to his physically-fit form at some point during the movie, but Hemsworth fought that decision and won out.

"I like that anything goes. You're not locked into expectations," Hemsworth said playing that different version of Thor. "I enjoyed that version of Thor. It was so different than any other way I played the character. And then it took on a life of its own.

“People just kept coming up and cuddling me like a big bear or rubbing my belly like I was pregnant. Or trying to sit on my lap like I was Santa Claus. You get a lot of affection. I felt like an old man, an old grandpa, with a bunch of kids around. And then you get sick of it when people come up and grab your belly. ‘Don’t grab me like that!’ I know how my wife felt when strangers would come up and rub her belly.”

On 4/25/2019 at 12:17 PM, Drummy said:

If she's in this movie or Thor 4, I'm sure they'll explain some kind of mission she was on for Odin (or Loki as Odin), either to keep out of Loki's hair or to safeguard one of the nine realms, etc.  I would love to see her back in the MCU, though, even if briefly.

Have y'all not heard that there's supposed to be a Lady Sif limited series on Disney Plus and the rumor that Beta Ray Bill is supposed to be part of that series?

9 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Have y'all not heard that there's supposed to be a Lady Sif limited series on Disney Plus and the rumor that Beta Ray Bill is supposed to be part of that series?

I did see that recently. Good point. Even better if it explains her absence in Ragnarok, which it sounds to be about.

7 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

Super happy about a possible Thor 4 but that Akira movie is the definition of "developmental hell" isn't it?

That's the word about why Waititi was even more motivated to jump on a more solid production. With all the starts and stops it could get held up again. I don't blame him.

Welp, this killed all anticipation for me. I have 0 interest in seeing a female Thor. There is no precedent that makes me think the MCU's Jane Foster is worthy enough to be Thor. And how is she even going to be Thor? Cap returned Mjolnir to Asgard in 2013 to clip that branch in time. I guess 1970 or 2012 Thor could die and Mjolnir could somehow return.

It looks like they're just going to undo all of the great storytelling that was completed over the last decade... So f-ing sad.

Love it - and allows Thor to still be off with the GotG using Stormbreaker. Since the general public is now familiar with the fact others can hold the hammer, it is a good idea to explore that (as well as opening up the stage for other characters like Beta Ray Bill who otherwise might have needed even more exposition to setup & explain)

Jason Aaron's Thor is one of my favourite modern runs, so very interested to see if they can make this film work.

Fairly easy CGI to make Jane Foster look bigger and more imposing as Thor.

I'd be surprised if Waititi included the prominent terminal illness component of the comics saga, although that theme was present in Guardians of the Galaxy, and, like James Gunn, he can mix light and dark well.

Edited by Ken Aldred