• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR 4: LOVE AND THUNDER directed by Taika Waititi (11/5/21)
9 9

957 posts in this topic

Bale is usually the kind of actor who signs on because he likes directors.  I'm somewhat surprised he's going to play a villain that will likely be a one-off, but maybe he just wants to work with Taika.  (shrug)

15 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Bale is usually the kind of actor who signs on because he likes directors.  I'm somewhat surprised he's going to play a villain that will likely be a one-off, but maybe he just wants to work with Taika.  (shrug)

Well when you get cast as a villain in the MCU, you’re in pretty good company: James Spader, Josh Brolin, Cate Blanchett, Kurt Russell, Michael B Jordan. I could see Korvac over a Gorr because we could see Bale’s face which is more expressive than his voice. And if it is Korvac, it won’t be a one and done. 

10 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Well when you get cast as a villain in the MCU, you’re in pretty good company: James Spader, Josh Brolin, Cate Blanchett, Kurt Russell, Michael B Jordan. I could see Korvac over a Gorr because we could see Bale’s face which is more expressive than his voice. And if it is Korvac, it won’t be a one and done. 

That's what everyone thought with Ultron.

Spoiler alert: Most MCU villains suck and are one-offs.

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

If Bale is Gorr, probably one and done. If he’s Roxxon CEO the Minotaur, I don’t know. But if Korvac, he is an event villain. 

I'd bet money that if he's Korvac - he leads into the "event villain". I would guarantee he's a one-off in Thor.

For those fans looking to prepare prior to this film's release.

Thor_Toilet.PNG.2983aaef74aa55ffd3d5dff3f89d348b.PNG

Marvel’s Toilet Paper Roll Stand Bathroom Accessories – Thor’s Hammer Mjolnir ($49.95)

Enter the magical world of superheroes with this unique 3D printed Thor hammer which is not only a gorgeous bathroom decorative piece, but extremely practical for the entire family! Your toilet paper rolls will be easily reachable, while the whimsical message will show every visitor a good laugh!

On 2/6/2020 at 12:41 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

I thought Bale might be the Minotaur, who’s also a Jason Aaron creation, but if it’s alien, it’s got to be Gorr.

It would also be interesting to see Mangog in the film, as it becomes a major threat towards the end of the Jane Foster Thor run.

Chris Hemsworth isn’t hanging up Thor’s hammer any time soon.

In a new interview with the Polish magazine Elle Man, the Marvel superstar says he doesn’t plan to leave the Marvel Cinematic Universe after “Thor: Love and Thunder,” the fourth entry in the “Thor” series.

When asked if Thor would retire after the upcoming movie, Hemsworth asserted that it wouldn’t be the end for his character.

“Are you crazy?! I’m not going into any retirement period. Thor is far too young for that. He’s only 1,500 years old,” he said. “It’s definitely not a film that I say goodbye to this brand. At least I hope so.”

When “Thor: Love and Thunder” was revealed to fans at the 2019 San Diego Comic Con, director Taika Waititi confirmed that Natalie Portman, who played Thor’s love interest Jane Foster, would return to the franchise and wield the powerful hammer. In the Marvel comic books, Jane took a spin as a new female Thor when the the original hero became unworthy to hold the magical hammer and own the title.

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Christian Bale will join the cast of Thor: Love and Thunder as the villain Gorr the God Butcher

I'm guessing we won't see much of Bale's face, then, and he'll be mostly CGI.

dbas-gorr-the-god-butcher-7-1b52127e-57i