• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Blue to Yellow Label
1 1

4 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Xenosmilus said:

Anyone know if a slab gets a new serial number if it changes from a blue to yellow label or does it retain the number and the verification info change? 

Yup. Brand new label, brand new serial number. 

16 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Yup. Brand new label, brand new serial number. 

What about the old serial number?  Does it get wiped off the registry?  Reason I asked is that I'm looking for a slab that my dad sold awhile back and wanted to buy it back if I came across it. 

18 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

What about the old serial number?  Does it get wiped off the registry?  Reason I asked is that I'm looking for a slab that my dad sold awhile back and wanted to buy it back if I came across it. 

Only if the old blue label is turned in. If the blue label is never turned in, then it stays in the database until it is. Do you know what the cert # is? If you do, you can look it up in the database to see if it still exists. If it doesn't, then you know for sure it was resubmitted and the cert is gone. It it does still exist, there's a chance the book still exists in its slab.