• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM GR #1 (2nd Series)
1 1

5 posts in this topic

CGC 9.6s usually bring about $60 to $70 on ebay. From that, deduct $10 as Paypal and ebay seller fees.

$50 to $60 net, deduct CGC grading fees + postage both ways.

It's a break even proposition, maybe, if you get a 9.6, which I don't think this will achieve.

You have to submit one of these that you think will make 9.8 to make financial/submission sense, unless you just want to own a slabbed copy, and if that's the case, just buy a CGC 9.6 for $60 or so.

Edited by James J Johnson

1 hour ago, timfinz said:

This book has a number of scuffs/abrasions and smaller issues that will keep it from grading higher I think!

Hide contents

9.4 IMHO!

Aside from the spine corner wear and stresses, the edge of the spine is very fibrous. A lot of fraying. Too much for even a 9.4, IMO.  Unless there's some sentimental attachment to this particular copy of the book, I'd spend the submission money and postage on a much better candidate, certainly choosing a book with at least twice the apparent value.