• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who should play the next James Bond?
2 2

166 posts in this topic

We need something different. Not another Daniel Craig. Cillian Murphy is the only name I've seen linked to the part that I think could do something. Fabulous screen presence. With the right haircut, he could wipe the slate clean and rock the :censored: out of it. 

Probably won't happen for that reason. 

3 hours ago, tv horror said:

Do you know when I was a little nipper I thought it was a camera lens it was only recently I found out it was a gun barrel who knew? 

images.jpg

3 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

You never! What a pillock! :bigsmile:

So did I :eek:

I admit that I always thought the same thing; more like a diaphragm camera shutter than a gun barrel.  

Too flat-looking to me.

Edited by Ken Aldred

9 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I admit that I always thought the same thing; more like a diaphragm camera shutter than a gun barrel.  

Too flat-looking to me.

All these years and nobody knew! 

I don't care who plays the next Bond Ken. He's a character from an age that has largely passed. The traits that made him what he was don't fit today. The backdrop is totally different. 

To be what modern society now wants - sorry, demands - well, that's just not the character that Fleming created.

So reinvent away. Man, woman, black, yellow, fat, thin, hunchback. Dog even. Who gives a :censored:

Watch the old ones. 

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I don't care who plays the next Bond Ken. He's a character from an age that has largely passed. The traits that made him what he was don't fit today. The backdrop is totally different. 

Very true.  

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:
3 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Very true.  

The Bond movies in the sixties & seventies were almost an annual pilgrimage to the cinema for our family and I enjoyed all of them. Sadly, sometime in the eighties they lost their appeal. I only watch the old ones now.