• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading Question

6 posts in this topic

Hey gang, I'm wondering if anybody might be able to help me out with this.

I recently bought a copy of FF 52 (Finally!) and found on one page, the top portion of the page came loose from the staple. The bottom of the page is still attached to the bottom staple.

In the pictures below, you can see the page sticking out from the cover unless I manually place it properly.

I'm just wondering how much this will affect the overall grade/condition of the book. 

Any help would be awesome! Thanks!

IMG_20190418_202757203.jpg

IMG_20190418_202327823.jpg

IMG_20190418_202301420.jpg

Echo what's been said, and will add that centerfolds detached at one staple have no effect on grades up to *about* 5.0-5.5 or so, and very little effect up to...say....7.0. Maybe if a book was otherwise a 7.5, it might get knocked down to 7.0...? Maybe? Rough estimates, but I've seen beautiful 8.0 copies with completely detached centerfolds...which is a heartbreaker, because otherwise the books were 9.4 or better. But in the mid to lower grades...very little, if any, effect for one staple detached.