• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay listings in the GA section for $83, from China with different 0 feedback sellers.
3 3

22 posts in this topic

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-54-Golden-Age-1949-Rare-Book-Wow-Attractive-copy-marker-on-spine/312580792288?hash=item48c7445fe0:g:piIAAOSwWHhcvEnJ

I've seen 3 of them so far today, so just a head's up as they seem a little beyond the norm. Each one has been for $83 and each has a different 0 feedback seller.

11 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-54-Golden-Age-1949-Rare-Book-Wow-Attractive-copy-marker-on-spine/312580792288?hash=item48c7445fe0:g:piIAAOSwWHhcvEnJ

I've seen 3 of them so far today, so just a head's up as they seem a little beyond the norm. Each one has been for $83 and each has a different 0 feedback seller.

They're everywhere....

On 4/17/2019 at 5:57 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

:eek:

china2.thumb.PNG.876887c31d152d433c13a9ffe91e9251.PNG

I'm curious to find out how China plans to destroy us by defrauding our nerd-base....., hm

18 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I'm curious to find out how China plans to destroy us by defrauding our nerd-base....., hm

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women! Oh, and to sell their nerd-base hooky comics"

conan.gif.774746355c44fa8edb1009c906c3be29.gif

8 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Wait it this the nerd section? I thought it was the geeks. hm

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women! Oh, and to sell their nerd-base hooky comics. And them geeks. Them too."

10 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

"Attractive copy marker on spine!"  I love that this goofball seller swiped pics and description of a restored book. Looks like it sold (for real) two weeks ago.

19 minutes ago, Point Five said:

"Attractive copy marker on spine!"  I love that this goofball seller swiped pics and description of a restored book. Looks like it sold (for real) two weeks ago.

I think it's interesting that they start each listing with a 0 feedback name and people seem to be grabbing "bargains".

Buy it, see what happens.

I mean eBay does have a money back guarantee. But, I am genuinely interested in what would happen to this seller. Not sure if its one seller or multiple, but there have been quite a few fake Chinese listings, including these under HOS 92.

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 9.52.31 PM.png

FYI my wife bought a LV bag for a pretty chunk of change but when it arrived it was obviously a fake. The bag material was sub-par tough and not soft; it also came n a plastic bag. She contacted eBay and for claims she would need to provide a letter from a local business who could accurately confirm its fake authenticity. I would assume for comics it would be a local comic store? It did cost her $50 to get the letter though. At the end of the day she got fully refunded and I think the seller was banned.

What about the fake bag? eBay made her sign a document stating she destroyed it. 

1 hour ago, Asbestos said:

Can you report the item? 

Yes, and I did, but they don't exactly take them down quickly. Maybe if multiple people report them? Also there isn't a place to write out the problem you have to use drop downs. I've called in the past on other stuff, but the response time makes me reluctant to waste my time.

I bought a 3d light that I could have sworn was from a seller in china....

It's a usb lamp of the joker....about 3 years ago

Still works...

Now I'm having deja vew  that I've mentioned this before...

1555896820059458065415.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
When I bought it

These eBay seller scams are not limited to China. They are also Hong Kong. They are any comics from Golden Age to Modern. All have 0 feedback. Here is an example of one currently listed with pictures of the original listing they swiped the pictures from as well as the scam item.

Screenshot_20190421-233931.png

Screenshot_20190421-233908.png

There is another topic where a board member suggested since they have 0 feedback and PayPal puts a hold on money to new users that these are more of an attempt to gain personal information rather than money.

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I would hope that GPA has a threshold monitor that tosses out really off the wall amounts.

I often see lines on gpa that say something like ‘real sale- low feedback seller’. Often these sales are ones for 60-70 percent of going price. This makes me think George has something that checks for outlier prices and he actively follows up on them.