• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crazy pants comic purchases; what's your's?
1 1

50 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, october said:

I thought I was nuts for paying what I did for my Ghost 6, but I was just not going to lose. I hadn't seen a nice copy in years and years. It was mentioned a few times on the boards as a "crazy" number, but the market swiftly caught up and then surpassed it. 

Great call on that Ghost #6 in particular! I remember that. Hard to believe it was just a few years ago.

3 hours ago, SuperBird said:

Oh, this is pretty easy for anyone collecting during the 80s independent craze. I give you my albatross, Fish Police #1, "The next teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", for which this 14-year old paid at the time a whopping $65

(Thankfully I paid much less for Trollords #1)

fp1.jpg

On the plus side, fish police was a really good series that unfairly gets lumped with the garbage of the b&w glut

5 hours ago, SuperBird said:

Oh, this is pretty easy for anyone collecting during the 80s independent craze. I give you my albatross, Fish Police #1, "The next teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", for which this 14-year old paid at the time a whopping $65

(Thankfully I paid much less for Trollords #1)

I liked Fish Police quite a bit.  I didn't pay nearly as much for my copy of #1, though.  I probably paid about 75 cents for it.  (It helped to work at a comic store and get things at cost).  :bigsmile:

The prices on a lot of popular books from the 1980s have crashed over the years, including Marvel and DC.  The Longshot miniseries and the Kitty Pryde and Wolverine miniseries issues used to get much higher prices than they do today.