Can we have a greater choice of Emojis please?
1 1

14 posts in this topic

10,596 posts

@dena

Hello Dena :)

Is there any chance we could have a greater range of emojis please? I know that users can add emojis from elsewhere, your tablet / phone etc, but I find that in time the board software stops translating them, and they turn into question marks.

The boards own range is quite limited. Could you show us a list of others? Maybe we could vote on them. Or have members forward suggestions. 

In this possible?

Cheers, Steve

emo.PNG.5a315d1c298e54a3df607094eb61068b.PNG

2,059 posts

Hi Steve! Good question. I'm not sure what is available to us. I will check it out.

10,596 posts

Thanks Dena. I just find lately that I can't find the one I need. I'd love to see a list of possibilities, if you can (thumbsu

10,596 posts

:download:

10,596 posts

Spock.gif.655b74c03afe9ce239d97e2b04f1a63a.gif

10,596 posts
On 4/22/2019 at 7:32 PM, dena said:

Hi Steve! Good question. I'm not sure what is available to us. I will check it out.

Any update for us Dena? Apart from live long and prosper, everything is the same :download:

2,059 posts

Just a matter of making the time to find emojis people will like that will display properly in most browsers. Do you have any specific emojis in mind? 

10,596 posts
1 minute ago, dena said:

Just a matter of making the time to find emojis people will like that will display properly in most browsers. Do you have any specific emojis in mind? 

Is there one for disdain? I'd like to drop a disdain into posts every now and then. And a 'ta-daah!' one. I'd use that a bit. Show us some examples please Dena. 

54,958 posts
4 hours ago, dena said:

image.png how is this for disdain?

I'm looking here for inspiration:

https://unicode.org/emoji/charts-12.0/full-emoji-list.html

Do we really need an emoticon for disdain...? Isn't this ----> meh or this ---> :eyeroll: adequate...? Don't we have enough negativity as it is...?

(shrug)

How about more positive emoticons, like "surprise" and "agreement" and "thank you"?

:foryou:

10,596 posts
7 hours ago, dena said:

image.png how is this for disdain?

I'm looking here for inspiration:

https://unicode.org/emoji/charts-12.0/full-emoji-list.html

Ooh, I like that one. I'll have a look at the list and come back to you. Thanks Dena 😎

10,596 posts

OK, @dena :)

Years back I used to use this emoji when accessing the boards using my tablet:

1756774385_tablet(2).jpg.7cc3fb2f26160a10e93fa100e5664a0b.jpg

I think he has a certain playfulness which I like. Trouble is, when I viewed any post that I made using that emoji on my desktop it looked different. If I power up your list on my desktop and then tablet you can see the difference:

Desktop                                               Tablet

desktop.PNG.ba2ad65a395a5d33c35764fc656283fb.PNG  tablet.jpg.b49ce4851cc0b58c2e8b7cb28bc71f4c.jpg

The tablet presentation has the finesse that I like, the desktop version is bog standard and clunky.  Also, in the past I noticed that the emoji turned into a question mark in all my old posts (I think I reported this before)

So, before I go down the list, will we be able to have this guy as he appears here 1756774385_tablet(2).jpg.7cc3fb2f26160a10e93fa100e5664a0b.jpg or will it always turn into the other version (or a question mark)? I don't see why not, as all the long standing board emojis appear the same regardless of format (desktop, phone, tablet)

Don't spend too long on it Dena. It would just be a nice to have!

Cheers 

Steve 955333545_tablet(2).jpg.300b1764acdbb2859d0e544a3c584981.jpg

P.S. I like your disdain one and have lots of uses for it :grin:

54,958 posts
15 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Do we really need an emoticon for disdain...? Isn't this ----> meh or this ---> :eyeroll: adequate...? Don't we have enough negativity as it is...?

(shrug)

How about more positive emoticons, like "surprise" and "agreement" and "thank you"?

:foryou:

That said, the "like" responses could use some updating. The "teary eyed" one is confusing, because it generally appears to be a mocking, rather than serious, reaction. If someone says something sad, it's clear, but if someone is complaining about something, it can be seen either as "I'm sorry to hear about your experience" or (more commonly) "suck it up, ya whiny fanboy!"...even from (especially from?) friends.

It's...unusual.

Of course, the "laugh" one is frequently used to mock. Not that there's a problem with that generally. ;)