• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Paypal Stuff

16 posts in this topic

I just got money into my Paypal account and everything is great.  Except I am printing out the shipping labels and the money isn't being taken from my Paypal Balance.  Nope, I have to accept the transfer.  OK.  I go to accept the transfer and the site is asking for my SS number.  NOPE, NO WAY.  I will forgo the money.  I don't have my Bank account linked to my Paypal any more and I want to keep it that way.  Has anyone run into this issue? 

I just sold on Ebay two months ago and had no issues with taking money into Paypal.  I will be calling them today but honestly, this ties my hands on selling.  I thought I had until May for new stupid Paypal rules but I guess not. Is anyone using anything else to sell these days?

Thanks

Edit: OK I am more rational now.  They are only asking for the last four digits.  But still, arrrggghhh!

Edited by nocutename
more info.

I had an issue when I was trying to send money to a friend who paid for and organized our tables for an upcoming comic convention.

Paypal asked me to confirm ownership of the account and wanted a scanned piece of ID and a scan of my bank account statement. I did this not even 2 years ago, and decided to not bother this time.

I don't even take in that much money through Paypal.  Maybe a few hundred dollars a year.  If that.  I don't sell that much these days. I am just taking inventory of all my stuff and really want to downsize.  I am hoping to move in the next 5 years. 

8 minutes ago, nocutename said:

It is strange.  I never had to claim funds before.  It all worked out but now I am getting nervous using Paypal as my only source of taking money in online.

I probably do more in sales than you (4-figures a year). I haven't really been indoctrinated in Paypal's recent changes.

I just sold a product a week ago and I'm pretty sure it took the shipping label fee from my balance. Idk.

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

I just sold a product a week ago and I'm pretty sure it took the shipping label fee from my balance. Idk. 

I'm ONLY selling... and all my Paypal shipping fees come right from my balance. Only when the balance is empty will Paypal go to the credit card.

I know because I checked... I wanted to get the 2% cash back on my mailing fees, but it was just too much of a pain to transfer funds out of Paypal before every label was shipped... even for a cheap greedy bastid like me. :)

I'm experiencing the same issue - when I want to pay for something, I'm only given the option of Paypal bank transfer or Paypal credit.  No more simple 'from the Paypal balance' option.  What gives?

I also had to 'claim funds' to use them.  Lame-O.

21 minutes ago, FoomMember said:

I'm experiencing the same issue - when I want to pay for something, I'm only given the option of Paypal bank transfer or Paypal credit.  No more simple 'from the Paypal balance' option.  What gives?

I also had to 'claim funds' to use them.  Lame-O.

Could you use PayPal credit, and use the PayPal balance to pay PayPal credit back...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Yes. Just didn't want to since I had funds in the regular Paypal account.  I'll be calling Ebay/Paypal to ask about it.  Sure to hear a -script read to me until I ask for an experienced manager - then we'll see.  If I learn anything worth sharing, will do here. 

It was doing the same for me, except I didn't notice that it was taking out of my CC (not my PP balance) until after the 2nd transaction. I went to PP's site & gave them my SS# (last 4 digits) and I could use my PP balance again.

11 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

Wait till paypal charges a restocking fee in a few weeks then what will you do???

24 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

21165a679962b2f6a36af2f9a8e8488e712d286a0555ce6b92e815747beff3b4.jpg

Damn not even letting the corpse get cold up in here.  Straight savage!