• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Few Left-over Golden Age Beauties - CLOSED! AGAIN!
7 7

402 posts in this topic

Funny story on this one.  I sold it on the boards a looo g time ago and when I went to ship it, it was gone.  I looked high and low for it.  I thought I might have accidentally shipped it to the wrong person.  The buyer was unhappy as heck so I cut him a number of breaks on other books.  I think he eventually got banned for other activities.  Or maybe he just burned out as he was wound a little tightly.

Regardless, when my books were stolen and I ended up selling most of my collection, I found the bill underneath a cabinet.  I must have knocked it off and it had crawled underneath.  So now I am selling it for probably $200 less than I would have gotten then.

For those who do this stuff, my eye says it has one marginally weak corner that would press out.  My price is what I think it is worth as a 9.6 Pedigree.

Avengers 64, CGC 9.6, OW/W, Western Penn copy.

$300

SOLD!

611BADA0-9963-4E07-B038-E6258C071992.jpeg

Edited by cheetah

3 minutes ago, JustJimN said:

Wow! I see a lot of slabs just waiting to be scanned.

You have no idea how many books I still have.  Most are moderns, though.

Just now, cheetah said:

Funny story on this one.  I sold it on the boards a looo g time ago and when I went to ship it, it was gone.  I looked high and low for it.  I thought I might have accidentally shipped it to the wrong person.  The buyer was unhappy as heck so I cut him a number of breaks on other books.  I think he eventually got banned for other activities.  Or maybe he just burned out as he was wound a little tightly.

Regardless, when my books were stolen and I ended up selling most of my collection, I found the bill underneath a cabinet.  I must have knocked it off and it had crawled underneath.  So now I am selling it for probably $200 less than I would have gotten then.

For those who do this stuff, my eye says it has one marginally weak corner that would press out.  My price is what I think it is worth as a 9.6 Pedigree.

$300

take

1 minute ago, cheetah said:

$300

Take

3 minutes ago, cheetah said:

$300

That book is gorgeous.

Just now, Norrin's lawyer said:

That book is gorgeous.

It was one of the early graded books for CGC.  It should have been resubmitted a long time ago but, well, I lost it, so it sat in a cool dark place waiting for someone else to come along.  I would call it a 9.8 without pressing as it is.  PQ will probably get a boost too.

I can say that now that it is sold.  The buyer can mKe their own decision.

4 hours ago, Jaydee said:

Only 1 Elephant cover and I already Have it... Oh Well GREAT THREAD

You also missed the much rarer warthog cover.

Thank you for all the sales.  It was much more than I hoped for and now I have to buy more bubble wrap!  Those who haven't already gotten the paypal address, I will send you PMs today.

This thread is now closed!

25 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Thank you for all the sales.  It was much more than I hoped for and now I have to buy more bubble wrap!  Those who haven't already gotten the paypal address, I will send you PMs today.

Great to see you on the boards again, Jeff (if only for a limited time).  Congrats on the sales and best of luck to you. :applause:

1 hour ago, cheetah said:

Helluva comeback tour.  Thanks for offering the books to the boards instead of an auction house. :foryou: 

Books for the following members are going to the post office right now.  I will send tracking #s to everyone by PM.

BronzeJohnny

Buttock

Dr. Love

Microbia

MrBedrock

RicksNeatStuff

szav

Everyone else should be getting invoices from me tonight.  All of your books have been packed up and can be shipped tomorrow.

JustJimN - I haven't forgotten about your scan, I just didn't get it done yet.  I will get it tonight.

Jeff