• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which personal comic has surprisingly increased (or decreased) in price the most since 2016?
2 2

45 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Yeah I was really worried about Jim Lee Tour Action 1000, but its actually leveled out around 80

Not sure I even want to look at GPA for Ghost on the Shell #1. I already know it’s not great, but I knew it was going to tank long before the movie came out. 

6 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

I can't believe you didn't sell any of them when they were actually hot! Although you still might be able to get a decent amount of money if you sell now.

Its the star of endgame. I heard captain marvel uses it to behead thanos/end the patriarchy.

Edited by the blob

28 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

Probably my Special Marvel Edition #15 in 9.6.  Went from around $400 to now around $1600 due to a movie announcement I think.

That was one of the first books that came to mind. Bought a graded 9.4 in 2016 for $300 (CDN). It now sells for nearly triple.

Another one is Eternals #1. Picked up a VF copy for $10 just last year. Now a $100 book. Wish I sought out a graded 9.8 copy of this book when it could be had for $200 in 2016 (and a lot less prior to that).

6 hours ago, letsgrumble said:

Another one is Eternals #1. Picked up a VF copy for $10 just last year. Now a $100 book. Wish I sought out a graded 9.8 copy of this book when it could be had for $200 in 2016 (and a lot less prior to that).

Good point, I hadn't checked this one in a while... picked it up for $160 less than a year ago... probably triple (or more) now.

1204803009_1200.jpg

Edited by valiantman

I can't believe the price of Captain Marvel Adventures 18 these days.  I got my copy for a pittance a decade ago here on the boards...the book is a couple grand now, even with the undisclosed restoration I found on it ;)

1 hour ago, sagekilz said:

Bought All Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder #10 Recalled Edition, raw for $15.  Think I did fairly well for once 9_9

asdf.jpg.18f3eaed8333fa0345fa475c38ace91f.jpg

What'S this book going for now?  Resurgence in price?  I have 2 or three hiding away.... ;)

I had purchased Star Wars: Tag and Bink are Dead #1 CGC 9.8 and Tag and Bink II Special Edition #1 CGC 9.8 for about $25 each back in 2006. Once it was announced that Tag and Bink would be in the new Han Solo movie I sold my 2 comics for $700 :)

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Whats the misprint?

The forgot to complete black out a few swear words. 

I did a check online and you can get the recalled edition raw for $20-$30 or a CGC 9.8 for around $100.