• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales of Sex and Death No. 1 FN-VFN Brand Green Hayes Deitch Underground [1971]
1 1

6 posts in this topic

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-of-Sex-and-Death-No-1-FN-VFN-Brand-Green-Hayes-Deitch-Underground-1971/173880852564?hash=item287c1b4054:g:58AAAOSwmP9ctJgt

Tales of Sex and Death No. 1

Fine to Very Fine [FN-VFN]

First Printing

The Print MINT [1975]

Tales of Sex and Death #1

Only Printing / July 1971 / 36 pages / The Print Mint
_
This is a classic underground featuring some of the best early work from Justin Green and Bill Griffith. Justin provides the hilarious "Soupgoy," featuring a high-school boy empowered with Superman's x-ray vision, which he constantly abuses to look through girls' clothing. In "God Takes Him from Me," Bill Griffith gives us a sweet dose of what he might have become if Zippy had not grown into such an international superstar (see Young Lust for more about that). Roger Brand also contributes a terrific tale, "The Big Sewer."
_
keyline
_
HISTORICAL FOOTNOTES:
The Print Mint produced approximately 20,000 copies of this comic book. It has not been reprinted. Paul Rodgers, who contributed "Country Capers" to this issue, was another high-school friend of Joel Beck and Roger Brand and stayed close to both for many years. In the early '70s, Rodgers drove a school bus for kids with mental disabilities, but his fellow artists respected his art and wished he could have done more comics for other publications.
_

COMIC CREATORS:
Roger Brand - editor, 1-2, 15-22
Justin Green - 3-7
Kim Deitch - 8-9 (art), 25-27
Simon Deitch - 8-9 (-script)
Bill Griffith - 10-14
Paul Rodgers - 28-34
Rory Hayes - 35
S. Clay Wilson - 36
Michele Brand - 36 (color)

...........................….

Literary Great-Read comics on the CHEAP!

#363 of an ongoing series!

Hey man, no offense but I've gone back 4 pages in the eBay forum and you have the same book being advertised on each page. Real estate is precious here and to be fair to everyone, you should just bump your 1st thread rather than create a new one each time. That leaves room for others on those 4 pages.

Just my 2c

So...and this is an innocent 'error'...let me make sure I understand you

What I've been doing is that when a book doesn't sell on eBay I generally relist a few months later.

I THINK what you're suggesting is that rather than post a note when I re-list, instead to search out if it was ever listed before and 'Bump it'?

Not sure how to 'Bump it' but I suppose I can learn that

and then update the bump with a new url (as of course it will be different)

and then re-edit the list for any changes as well

Do I have that right?

I'm open-minded...but it seems like more work for little to no benefit?

I really don't get the point of the ltd real estate

what am I missing

don't folks just look at new listings/postings?

sincere questions...ericjmz

18 hours ago, ericjmz said:

So...and this is an innocent 'error'...let me make sure I understand you

What I've been doing is that when a book doesn't sell on eBay I generally relist a few months later.

I THINK what you're suggesting is that rather than post a note when I re-list, instead to search out if it was ever listed before and 'Bump it'?

Not sure how to 'Bump it' but I suppose I can learn that

and then update the bump with a new url (as of course it will be different)

and then re-edit the list for any changes as well

Do I have that right?

I'm open-minded...but it seems like more work for little to no benefit?

I really don't get the point of the ltd real estate

what am I missing

don't folks just look at new listings/postings?

sincere questions...ericjmz

The limited real estate thing just means that if you are selling the same item over and over and start a new thread every time, you take up several threads worth of screen space within the first few pages preventing others from using that real estate space.

People (at least I do) look several pages deep.

I did recheck and realized that you were listing a #1 and a #2 (that all 4 listings were not just the same #1 issue).

You can either post a new URL, which will bump the thread or you can edit the URL into the new listing and bump your old thread with a post (such as one of these : :bump: ).

Anyway, I'm just offering some friendly advice about how things are generally done here.

The 'rules' can be found here:

While you didn't specifically break rule #4, you are sort of spamming the market place.

4. No spamming. Keep the number of new threads to a reasonable standard per person. If you're exceeding a post per day over time, simply to occupy more screen real estate, it's likely to be considered spamming.

Anyway, no hard feelings.

4/24

Okay...I just tried out your advice; I cannot get it to work; please help

1. I edited (new url, a few sentence changes a listing from March 4th called 'R Crumb Sketchbook November '83 - April '87 FINE Unread Slipcase Zweitausendeins'

...but it STAYS on March 4th...where of course I want it to appear TODAY

I re-read your suggestion...where you 'show' how to 'bump it'...there is no-where for me to click to 'see' what you are 'showing' me

As I said, I'm up for doing things your way.

But please EXPLICITLY show me how to 'Bump' it?

(you moving-heads icon doens't show me anything??)

because editing the url (which I HAVE to do) doesn't bump it from March 4th to today's date...which is the entire purpose of what I need to accomplish

I thank you in anticipation

best wushes

eric

You don't have to use the emoticon to bump a post.

You can just write 'bump' into a reply and post it and it bumps the thread back to the top of the page.

If you want to use an emoticon, just click on the smiling face above this area where you type your post in and scroll through to use the emoticon you want.

I'm not sure what you mean by this:

12 hours ago, ericjmz said:

1. I edited (new url, a few sentence changes a listing from March 4th called 'R Crumb Sketchbook November '83 - April '87 FINE Unread Slipcase Zweitausendeins'

...but it STAYS on March 4th...where of course I want it to appear TODAY

You can either edit in a new URL or just post new URLs in replies to your own thread.