• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Artist ID assist needed, please and thank you
1 1

19 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Bird said:

oy, that's a tough one.

I was thinking joe Jusko perhaps but seems a little messy for his sig.

That Tucci is sweet!

Thanks for trying Sean.. I love the Tucci and like the other one too... now if I can just find out who it is. I want to try to add a third one on the bottom right next month at East Coast. Not sure who yet...

2 hours ago, The Voord said:

Fan art?  

I do not think so... If I remember correctly the seller I got it from said they were both done at SDCC a few years ago, there was a name attached to the listing when I bought it and I thought I wrote it down somewhere but can not find it. Also I can not look at the old listing any longer. 

3 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I do not think so... If I remember correctly the seller I got it from said they were both done at SDCC a few years ago, there was a name attached to the listing when I bought it and I thought I wrote it down somewhere but can not find it. Also I can not look at the old listing any longer. 

Not so sure about that top piece . . . the inking lacks finesse and looks shaky in parts?  Sorry, it's my honest opinion.

17 hours ago, The Voord said:

Not so sure about that top piece . . . the inking lacks finesse and looks shaky in parts?  Sorry, it's my honest opinion.

So Kav then.

5 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

So I reached out to the seller on Ebay and surprisingly got an answer... Matt Flint is the artist. I found him online, seems to do a bunch of cons, but I do not see any published stuff. 

No CAF presence for Matt Flint and a google search yields results for an artist who specializes in wildlife paintings (totally disconnected to comic-book stuff).  The signature on display for the close-up of the upper drawing you provided doesn't really correspond to the name 'Matt Flint' (looks more like, A . . . A . . . ).  

Problem with buying unpublished drawings from eBay sellers is that it's rife with problems over what, exactly, it is that you're buying.  I'm no expert on Tucci artwork, but from a little investigation on my behalf the face (on the bottom character) does appear to be authentic.  Not my intention to rain on your parade, but you did ask, and I'd hate to think that you might have been stung.

Edited by The Voord

1 minute ago, The Voord said:

No CAF presence for Matt Flint and a google search yields results for an artist who specializes in wildlife paintings (totally disconnected to comic-book stuff).  The signature on display for the close-up of the upper drawing you provided doesn't really correspond to the name 'Matt Flint' (looks more like, A . . . A . . . ).  

Problem with buying unpublished drawings from eBay sellers is that it's rife with problems over what, exactly, it is that you're buying.  I'm no expert on Tucci artwork, but from a little investigation on my behalf the face (on the bottom character) does appear to be authentic.  Not my intention to rain on your parade, but you did ask, and I'd hate to think that you might have been stung.

I came up with the same search results on the wildlife paintings then when I added the word comic to the search I got the below results. 

https://www.deviantart.com/matt-flint

https://www.facebook.com/theartofmattflint/

9 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I came up with the same search results on the wildlife paintings then when I added the word comic to the search I got the below results. 

https://www.deviantart.com/matt-flint

https://www.facebook.com/theartofmattflint/

I reached out to Matt on FB and he's confirmed that the drawing is his.  Signatures are poles apart, but the artist tells me he recently changed his way of signing art.  Problem solved and I'm happy for you that the art's authentic.

43204934_10156458317496285_2387227734620241920_n.jpg

Edited by The Voord

5 hours ago, The Voord said:

I reached out to Matt on FB and he's confirmed that the drawing is his.  Signatures are poles apart, but the artist tells me he recently changed his way of signing art.  Problem solved and I'm happy for you that the art's authentic.

43204934_10156458317496285_2387227734620241920_n.jpg

WOW- Thank you so much!