Can someone shed light on what this competitor company is talking about?
3 3

24 posts in this topic

3,599 posts

They posted this on Facebook:

Due to changes in CGC's witnessing procedure that effectively breaks the chain of custody on witnessed signatures and could have a potential negative impact by compromising the integrity of the Authorized Signature Program, CBCS will not be able to honor CGC yellow label books with signatures dated from 2019 and beyond. Going forward any comics removed from a CGC holder and submitted with signatures dated 2019 and up will need to have those signatures verified through the CBCS VSP program.

Any CGC yellow labels dated prior to 2019 are still eligible to be transferred to CBCS yellow labels.

1,290 posts

I just saw that myself and was rather confused. 

258 posts

They are referencing what CGC started at C2E2. *Image and quote from fb post*

"They use these tamper-proof bags now instead of keeping invoices open at the cgc booth at cons. They let you take them home and bring them back before the show ends. They put the books in there along with a paper disc that lists all the contents and is signed by an AW. Allows you to leave the artists' table and go walk around instead of having to go back to the booth after getting sigs if they're spaced out."

No photo description available.

55,607 posts

So that's what those paper discs were for that I saw at NYCC last October...

23,768 posts

Okay so if the bag is damaged the 

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

So that's what those paper discs were for that I saw at NYCC last October...

I am disappointed that you went to NYCC last October and did not walk around with an RMA shirt on. I would have said hello. 

55,607 posts
Just now, Buzzetta said:

I am disappointed that you went to NYCC last October and did not walk around with an RMA shirt on. I would have said hello. 

lol

I can't even fathom what an "RMA" shirt would look like. lol

9,217 posts

They do make ADAMANTIUM t-shirts ^^

Haven't bought one yet...:tink:

I don't really see a break in chain of custody, I can see an argument for it, but regardless, this should cut down on confusion. 

Especially if cgc or facilitator can assign one person per artist and with plenty of these bags etc. 

I don't know though 

1,675 posts
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

lol

It would have a picture of Falco on it. :headbang:  (thumbsu

Edit:

Edited by Catwomancomics

9,045 posts
9 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

lol

girls_tee.jpg.814ecfdb1c8ed7d98cf2897ed6e4bb56.jpg

hm

52,419 posts
10 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
10 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

lol

I should get one of these and walk around cons with it on hm

https://www.cafepress.com/+,643267890/?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=pla-google&utm_campaign=617797881-d-c&utm_content=26276425330-adid-88656221530&utm_term=pla-73026450850-pid-643267890&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9uGd9qfm4QIVylYNCh3p5gQ0EAQYAiABEgLGqvD_BwE

52,419 posts
14 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Sooooo, people can witness their own books at CBCS, buuuuuuut there is a chain of custody issue at CGC. 

M'Kay!

Yeah, the irony is stunning.

284 posts
3 minutes ago, s-dali said:

This was posted a few hours ago on that facebook post. If the CGC bag can be opened that easily, I'm a little concerned also. Too many scammers out there looking to make a buck any way they can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYRmtk7vIiE&t=9s

wow. 

4,646 posts
11 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

Yeah, the irony is stunning.

Reeks of desperation. 

4,646 posts
1 hour ago, s-dali said:

This was posted a few hours ago on that facebook post. If the CGC bag can be opened that easily, I'm a little concerned also. Too many scammers out there looking to make a buck any way they can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYRmtk7vIiE&t=9s

Looks like I got out of sig books just in time. :(

1,303 posts

This instructional video isn't CGC specific, though, so how do we know those bags are identical to these?  Has anyone even seen these in person yet that can attest to the tamper-proof level of security before we jump to conclusions?  I get a lot of SS books but before I reach into hysteria mode I try to hear actual accounts from people who've experienced this first-hand before reaching a conclusion.

Can anyone shed light on this?  The other thread about these in CG must have been 'poofed' so not sure what's going on at this point.

3,833 posts

I emailed Brittany at CGC regarding that video. Those are different bags, CGC has tamper proof tested bags. 

1,303 posts
1 hour ago, devilsrain said:

I emailed Brittany at CGC regarding that video. Those are different bags, CGC has tamper proof tested bags. 

^^  And now the hysteria can pass (hopefully) :wishluck:

3,833 posts

Hopefully that will ease some worries.  I get it though, the other company is desperate for market share. What’s a little misinformation, right?