• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men semi-key future?

13 posts in this topic

Building upon the similar FF thread, what are the SA non-mega key X-Men issues that you think are trending upward (or downward)? We all know about #1 and #4 as mega-keys, and now #12 is skyrocketing, but what about the lesser keys?

Issue #10 (first SA Kazar) seems flat. Issue #15 (Beast origin, 2nd Sentinels) is trending upwards, so what about #14 (1st Sentinels)?

I’m concerned about #3 (The Blob) and #8 (Unus) - besides being early issues, are the characters enough to constitute a key? Does #6 (Sub-Mariner) get the attention it deserves? 

Issue #9 (Avengers) seems to have a lot of growth potential. What about the first Banshee, #28 (great cover)? Issue #35 (Spidey and Changeling)?

Your thoughts are appreciated...

Edited by sacentaur

All of the X-Men semi-keys/keys have seen price jumps the past 6 months with the Disney acquisition. That being said, outside of #1 they are still cheap relative to other Marvel SA titles. 

The 1st appearance of Havok (#58) is another one to add to the list, as well as the 1st Sunfire (#64). With #58 you also get Neal Adams artwork. :cloud9:

13 hours ago, Primetime said:

6 and 9 have always been favorites of mine, and I think both could be spec books down the road...I remember buying a 6 in low grade for $10 off the wall of a LCS...

X-Men #6 :cloud9:

Bought mine at the Comicshop with $20 my dad gave me for my birthday in 1982. Despite reading it over and over and storing it unbagged in my sock drawer for 5 years CGC still graded it a 9.0 (now if I could just figure out how to remove that dirty sock odor).

3 hours ago, silverseeker said:

How about these?

#11 - First Stranger (could come into play if any celestial themes are covered in the movies)

#19 - First Mimic (was he ever relevant though? lol)

#39 - First new costumes

#49 - First Lorna Dane (Polaris)

good suggestions Art, but shouldn't you be in the DD thread?! :grin:

5 hours ago, silverseeker said:

How about these?

#11 - First Stranger (could come into play if any celestial themes are covered in the movies)

#19 - First Mimic (was he ever relevant though? lol)

#39 - First new costumes

#49 - First Lorna Dane (Polaris)

X-men #1-66 + #94-143.

Soo much strange sheit going down in each ish. It will be mined.

so many potential keys in the series but unfortunately Fox has simply mined the Chris Claremont material over the years and totally ignored the wealth of material in the early books.   With the Spidey films they keep milking the early villians every film and for us X-Men fans we keep getting these same damn 80's/90's plot lines in the films and it sucks.  Except for a handful of keys that include some heroes and villians that have showed up on the screen, most everyone else has been totally ignored.  Give me the vanisher please, or Mimic.   We'll probably see Polaris at some point.