• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do C-1, Modern and Universal mean under the Category column on the submission tracking page?

15 posts in this topic

image.png.eab88a3affe4ab9fe78b92c55559b770.png

Image above is a snippet from my submission tracking under the status of scheduled for grading.

I'm assuming C-1 means some type of Restoration for that book?

What do Modern and Universal mean in this case? Is that the grader it goes to next? Did they pass the first restoration check? 

This is my first time submitting books to CGC for grading. 

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the confirmation on C-1. That's a bummer....bought from an Overstreet advisor as a raw book and they didn't disclose the restoration nor indicate it would grade with restoration when I asked.

The Modern book is from 1975 so I'm hoping it's considered a Modern book with Universal label. 

Just playing

But it would help if we could see the rest of the screen... I have a vale sub coming up that will be my first sub that I'll be able to track...

So I'm curious what it is all about :shy:

14 minutes ago, Asianassassincomics said:

Thanks for the confirmation on C-1. That's a bummer....bought from an Overstreet advisor as a raw book and they didn't disclose the restoration nor indicate it would grade with restoration when I asked.

The Modern book is from 1975 so I'm hoping it's considered a Modern book with Universal label. 

In all likelihood it's a universal label.  The only thing is they probably denote it as modern because the other books might fall into a different priced tier.  I just looked at all my recent subs which were SA/BA books and they're all marked as Universal.

3 minutes ago, Asianassassincomics said:

Expanded screenshot above

image.png

That makes sense, everything else is pre 1975 which would be normal for a non modern tier, the GSXM #1 Is a modern but is good that you sent it a different tier due to insurance etc

But that explains why it says "modern", because technically it could be the modern tier.... hope that helps...

13 hours ago, Asianassassincomics said:

Who might this seller be? Other folks may want to avoid him or at least keep an eye out for potential resto.