• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can no longer get grades at "Grading/Quality Control" stage...?

5 posts in this topic

I have an invoice that moved into Grading/QC yesterday.

1770798054_gradingqualitycontrol.thumb.png.c5e0ea39a252dfaee123914ea515524c.png

I've been submitting since 2008. Back in the olden days, you were able to get grades as soon as the books moved to "Scheduled for grading", because that meant the grades were already in the system. Now, I understand why that was changed a few years ago...sometimes, rarely, grades DID change in the process...but ever since then, you were able to call in when the books hit "Grading/Quality Control" and get grades.

I spoke to two different representatives today. The second one asked me if I was on the "list" (echoes of Cal) of dealers who were allowed to get grades. I'd never heard of such a list, but apparently, it exists, and I'm not on it. Then I was asked "who I spoke to in the past who gave out grades at Grading/QC" which was a question I couldn't answer, because I've spoken to dozens of people over the years...Molly, Bree, Cynthia, Erin, Christian...all sorts of people. The representative then informed me that that has NEVER been the policy (which is patently untrue), and the books weren't actually in QC, but encapsulation, and grades weren't available. For reference, the first representative said the policy had changed "a couple months ago." 

So...is this an actual change in policy?

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

The policy has changed when CGC modified the portal to have uniform status's across the companies. 

I requested that CGC put a estimated grading date since they know when the book comes in,  they know the current turnaround times and could easily put a estimated grading date in the system that would limit calls into customer service from customers who used to call in for grades.    

And it appears you are not on the list.