• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

double Mark Jeweler insert
1 1

9 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, divad said:

Is that the lightweight insert or the heavy-duty stock?

It is the heavy stock.   So this comic book was created with built-in backing boards.    

p.s.  It is hard to find MJs in high grade.   But I've managed to do it.   In the titles of Batman, Superman, Detective, Action and JLA, I have found approximately 640 jeweler variants.   Of those, all are in FN or better with the exception of about 15 of them.  The pursuit of high grade has caused me to accumulate several doubles.  I have no serious interest in selling the spares, but would trade with someone else who collects jeweler variants in these titles.   If anyone has any of them in their collection, I would love to hear about it.  i keep a database and would gladly share notes with fellow collectors.  

Edited by Cpt Kirk

Lovely find :)

Double inserts are very rare and I only ever found one - this NDS copy of ASM #96 that I used to own:

96ndssticker.thumb.jpg.f07714340f372f04342ceec2e32423da.jpg  96nds.thumb.PNG.e0686ef240d1a4cc0d3bd41be85e946d.PNG

Lord only knows why I didn't take a picture of the double interior doh!

Just now, Get Marwood & I said:

Lovely find :)

Double inserts are very rare and I only ever found one - this NDS copy of ASM #96 that I used to own:

Lord only knows why I didn't take a picture of the double interior doh!

LOL!   thanks for sharing.  

p.s.  I'm down to about 50 MJs that I think could exist but I have not found.   When you have about 95% of them, and they only occur in about 1 in 200 copies of any particular issues, it gets harder than the dickens to find ones I don't have.   I have asked sellers on ebay, and found about 2 sellers out of 500 that had some in stock.   Not a good use of my time, but what the heck.

5 minutes ago, Cpt Kirk said:

LOL!   thanks for sharing.  

p.s.  I'm down to about 50 MJs that I think could exist but I have not found.   When you have about 95% of them, and they only occur in about 1 in 200 copies of any particular issues, it gets harder than the dickens to find ones I don't have.   I have asked sellers on ebay, and found about 2 sellers out of 500 that had some in stock.   Not a good use of my time, but what the heck.

I recall that pain, and that was just trying to complete the ASM set! I salute your perseverance Captain (and don't forget to share the missing list - I may get lucky again in Blighty) 

5 hours ago, Cpt Kirk said:
22 hours ago, divad said:

Is that the lightweight insert or the heavy-duty stock?

It is the heavy stock.   So this comic book was created with built-in backing boards. 

Cool! :cool: