• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

closed

39 posts in this topic

ok here we go.  First, a bonus perk.  If you buy either of the Dale Evans books, you get a FREE WESTERN COFFEE CUP

Before you bust a gut laughing, check this bad boy out, it's the bomb! (it's one cup, shot from different angles to see the whole panoramic wonderfulness)

Imagine yourself, sipping a cup of hot joe on your back porch, listening to the coyotes singing whilst you peruse your latest western comic.  Man, that's living large, amirite?

20190425_131420_zpsgbtol8un.jpg      20190425_131433_zpszxhs4p4d.jpg

20190425_131443_zpscdj9e37n.jpg    20190425_131535_zpsaylorci2.jpg

Tm Holt #17 7.0 OW  $950

we've all heard "presents much better than the grade" - well, that X1000 on this book. 

One of Frazetta's best, imho, and the black cover is an absolute beotch to get in beautiful shape.  Black covers are a thing with me.  You?  Ghost Rider is perfectly framed. 

Not the toughest book, there's a lot that float around in mid grade, but not looking like this.  The 9.2 went last year for $2,400. 

Edited by Dr. Love

22 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Dale Evans 3, cracked 9.4 White (cracked by and purchased years ago from Inaflash) - highest graded, next down are some 8.0's.  Last recorded sale was 10 years ago for $359.  This beauty can be all yours for $500.

Structurally fantastic on a fatty DC yellow cover that is impossible to find approaching this kind of grade.  Imho the PQ is OWW.  Back in the day this book was considered a grey tone candidate of sorts.  

DaleEvans03f_zps9bd0gllb.jpg

DaleEvans03fb_zpsx4an9fji.jpg

DaleEvans03label_zpscflzpv9a.jpg

As you said, I used to own this book and your scanner is not doing the color justice. It's a beauty!

Ken

Next up - C-M-O Comics #2 7.0 CROW Crowley

A book you won't see every day, or how about never, as this is the highest graded.  An extremely rare Centaur promo.  Just ask Gator, whose 6.0 recently sold in the big Centaur CC auction for $1,200.

This beautiful rare copy for $1,650.

Edited by Dr. Love

Not exactly a western but close enough to count if this were horseshoes

A whimsical and fantastical promo about shooting, and kids, and kids shooting! 

"Shooting's Fun for Everyone" 9.2 White  $100

This book was printed at different times, starting in the late 50's, and was produced in different cover colors - blue, yellow, teal.  MCS prices this one out as a raw F/VF for $19.

Edited by Dr. Love

that's just...wrong.  Then how come it feels so right?  especially since San Diego is getting freakin hot

anyhoo, leave the raws till tomorrow.  I don't want to confuse all of my slab customers.

Cowboy Love 29 VG  $25    SOLD!

One of my top 50 favorite romance books.  I love it so much I had a slightly better copy restored by Matt Nelson for $500, the only resto work I've ever done. 

Beautiful cover inked by the great Ray Osrin, Matt Baker's go-to inker. 

Check out the fantastic half splash on a 10 page interior story by Marc Swayze, who of course drew Mary Marvel.

CowboyLove29fb_zpsu23tesff.jpg

CowboyLove29bb_zpsmlspgw85.jpg

CowboyLove29pg24_zpsqu0xzaui.jpg

Edited by Dr. Love

Black Rider 21 F/VF  $100   SOLD!

Basically a Syd Shores book.  Which is a great thing.  There are two graded copies, a 7.5 and a 7.0.  This one doesn't come around too often in grade; MCS has a G/VG on Ebay for $34.

If you like westerns, where some masked guy is kicking some other guy in the face while lifting another random guy head high, and staying on his horse, then this book is for you.  :baiting:

BlackRider21f_zps388auwap.jpg

BlackRider21b_zpsyh6gklen.jpg

Edited by Dr. Love

Kid Colt Outlaw 54 8.5 OW cracked  $375

Highest graded of three, next down is a 7.5 and a 5.0.  Great Williamson cover, with assist by Maneely on background figures.

Edited by Dr. Love

23 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

Black Rider 21 F/VF  $100

Basically a Syd Shores book.  Which is a great thing.  There are two graded copies, a 7.5 and a 7.0.  This one doesn't come around too often in grade; MCS has a G/VG on Ebay for $34.

If you like westerns, where some masked guy is kicking some other guy in the face while lifting another random guy head high, and staying on his horse, then this book is for you.  :baiting:

BlackRider21f_zps388auwap.jpg

BlackRider21b_zpsyh6gklen.jpg

42 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

Cowboy Love 29 VG  $25

One of my top 50 favorite romance books.  I love it so much I had a slightly better copy restored by Matt Nelson for $500, the only resto work I've ever done. 

Beautiful cover inked by the great Ray Osrin, Matt Baker's go-to inker. 

Check out the fantastic half splash on a 10 page interior story by Marc Swayze, who of course drew Mary Marvel.

CowboyLove29fb_zpsu23tesff.jpg

CowboyLove29bb_zpsmlspgw85.jpg

CowboyLove29pg24_zpsqu0xzaui.jpg

:takeit:

Well, that's all, folks.  Thanks for looking!  Always open to offers.

Happy trails  (thumbsu

Here's a recap of what's left:

Dale Evans #3 cracked 9.4 highest graded $500  $450

Dale Evans #23 9.4 Church highest graded $750  $675

Jimmy Wakely #3 cracked 7.0 $100  $75

Tim Holt #17 7.0 Frazetta $950  $850

C-M-O Comics #2 7.0 highest graded $1650  $1500

Shooting's Fun For Everyone 9.2 $100  $75

Herbie #17 VF $25  $20

Kid Colt Outlaw #54 cracked 8.5 highest graded $375  $350

Edited by Dr. Love