• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS
1 1

890 posts in this topic

The title says it all (even if the topic was started a little early). :grin:

CAN WE DO SPOILER DISCUSSION IN HERE AND NOT MAKE ANYONE MAD?

(THAT'S RIGHT - SPOILERS - DON'T CONTINUE IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS!)

:foryou:

Spoiler

Why use the board spoiler tag in a topic called SPOILERS?  The title says what's in the topic, why make everyone click every post extra when it's just a waste of time... like everyone who just clicked this one. :kidaround:

Saw it last night, then went to sleep... so I may be confused on some of the details as to whether they were in the movie or in my dreams (literally). lol

Edited by valiantman

What I'd like to see (and I'm sure some ultranerd (not me) is working on it already) is a graphic of the timeline similar to what we saw in the movie, which shows past, present, future, and alternate timelines created by the actions.

The discussion about how time-travel works was interesting because they seemed to follow the rules and not follow the rules at the same time.  That's why I want an ultranerd (again, not this one) to make the world a graphic. :foryou:

2 minutes ago, valiantman said:
  Hide contents

Why use the board spoiler tag in a topic called SPOILERS?  The title says what's in the topic, why make everyone click every post extra when it's just a waste of time... like everyone who just clicked this one. :kidaround:

Saw it last night, then went to sleep... so I may be confused on some of the details as to whether they were in the movie or in my dreams (literally). lol

Spoiler

Because then we wouldn't need more than one thread to cover the same film because now people could use their Wanda Magic to hide spoilers.

SPOILERS - BE GONE!

emotions01.gif.7e3f97ac85549e98a8165d67254e0001.gif

:kidaround:

3 minutes ago, valiantman said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Oh, now I understand why Bosco doesn't want discussion in a different thread.  We'll be abandoning his pre-movie build up topic. (: 

Just now, valiantman said:
  Hide contents

Oh, now I understand why Bosco doesn't want discussion in a different thread.  We'll be abandoning his pre-movie build up topic. (: 

Spoiler

Or, we can have faith people have enough self-control to just use the spoiler feature without blurting out any details. 

Spoiler

B|:insane:

I don't have faith in people not to spoil things in topics that don't say SPOILERS because we've already seen discussion of spoilers this morning not in the tags, and people who aren't seeing the movie until later are not going to be happy looking in your topic for next 30-weeks of hourly Box Office updates. B| :insane:

Plus: Your comment is (more than a little) self-centered since you want to keep the discussion in your topic, keep people clicking eight times through quoted-spoiler-quoted-spoiler-quoted-spoiler-replies, where I get absolutely nothing out of bumping this topic started by @paperheart with the correct title for SPOILERS (without clicky-tag madness). :foryou:

Edited by valiantman

2 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I don't have faith in people not to spoil things in topics that don't say SPOILERS because we've already seen discussion of spoilers this morning not in the tags, and people who aren't seeing the movie until later are not going to be happy looking in your topic for next 30-weeks of hourly Box Office updatesB| :insane:

Oh man - BURN.

:flamed:

Just now, Bosco685 said:
5 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I don't have faith in people not to spoil things in topics that don't say SPOILERS because we've already seen discussion of spoilers this morning not in the tags, and people who aren't seeing the movie until later are not going to be happy looking in your topic for next 30-weeks of hourly Box Office updatesB| :insane:

Oh man - BURN.

:flamed:

I was trying to be kind. This morning, you're currently running at a pace of one Box Office update per 30 seconds. :grin:

7 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I don't have faith in people not to spoil things in topics that don't say SPOILERS because we've already seen discussion of spoilers this morning not in the tags, and people who aren't seeing the movie until later are not going to be happy looking in your topic for next 30-weeks of hourly Box Office updates. B| :insane:

Plus: Your comment is (more than a little) self-centered since you want to keep the discussion in your topic, keep people clicking eight times through quoted-spoiler-quoted-spoiler-quoted-spoiler-replies, where I get absolutely nothing out of bumping this topic started by @paperheart with the correct title for SPOILERS (without clicky-tag madness). :foryou:

Oh man. You really have it all figured out. All these threads I STARTED (ignore what other people have posted). You are on a roll. A burnt one. But a roll nonetheless. :insane:

On 4/24/2019 at 8:47 PM, bababooey said:

wish I would have seen this before wasting an extra 5 min in the theater. 

WARNING SPOILERS:

Movie plot worked out as most predicted in both good and dissappointing ways.

Diamond to Captain America welding mjonir

Diamond to the end battle with all the heroes especially their entrance

Coal to no Warlock appearance or even a reference.

Coal to no end of credits scene at all

cubic zirconium to Captain Marvel. used but barely a factor.

coal to how it seems to always be about Iron Man

coal to how it took the hulk like 5 min to assimilate with the gauntlet before being able to snap vs iron man''s quickie snap.

Diamond to Thor's new look. had everyone rolling.

Diamond to the Nat/Clint soul gem sacrifice.

Coal to complete sidelining of some of the characters

coal to no more Vision

Diamond to Cap/Thor battle coordination vs Thanos 

Diamond to all the time travel scenes providing extra context to events between movies.

Diamond to hulk/banner mode

so much more but I'm still processing

some questions I need answered but may not be fully explained yet:

1. since loki escapes with the space stone forcing stark and Rogers to travel furather back to steal it and then later replacing does it mean that he might still be alive?

2. does gamora survive the Iron Man snap or did she die as well since she came in with the rest of Thano's bunch?  can't recall of we see her post iron man snap.

3. with the stones being taken back in time does that mean they no longer exist in the new present since they were destroyed or does it mean by killing off thanos of the past that he never has a chance to retrieve them and thus they all still exist?

Edited by justafan
stupid phone autocorrect

5 minutes ago, justafan said:

3. with the stones being taken back in time does that mean they no longer exist in the new present since they were destroyed or does it mean by killing off thanos of the past that he never has a chance to retrieve them and thus they all still exist?

This is definitely worth discussion. I really want someone to draw the flow of time like a graphic... even if we have to correct it after further discussion. (Not it!) :blush:

Edited by valiantman

1 hour ago, justafan said:

WARNING SPOILERS:

cubic zirconium to Captain Marvel. used but barely a factor.

Diamond to Thor new look. had everyone rolling.

Completely agree with most of your post...with the exception of these two. Yes, Captain Marvel didn't have a huge plot part, but she was definitely a factor single handedly taking out Thanos' war ship. I think she's a bit overpowered with that "I'm just going to fly through your ship once and take it down" BS...

Thor's new look was hillarious initially, but I was hoping that once the lightning coursed through his veins he'd get his physique back. Watching Thor-a Claus for the rest of the movie was a little silly.

There was also the "let's get the glove to the ugly brown van GIRL POWER scene" where all of the female heroes teamed up to clear the path...

2 hours ago, justafan said:

Diamond to the Nat/Clint soul gem sacrifice.

Great points!

Your Diamond was my Citrine. An emotional scene, but then the Stone science didn't add up as Clint wasn't the one doing the sacrificing. So would it really be presented to him, or to Natasha for her self-sacrifice?

On that question, I was wondering the same thing. Although if the Thanos of the past came to the future and then died, does that erase the Thanos of the future and was he even aware his past had come forward? I don't think the Stones were destroyed, though. So it would mean if he is not there to retrieve them, all the characters that were holding these Stones previously would still have them. Though it would remove the motivation for those that were recovered to hide them from Thanos. i think.

hmdoh!:ohnoez:

28 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Great points!

Your Diamond was my Citrine. An emotional scene, but then the Stone science didn't add up as Clint wasn't the one doing the sacrificing. So would it really be presented to him, or to Natasha for her self-sacrifice?

On that question, I was wondering the same thing. Although if the Thanos of the past came to the future and then died, does that erase the Thanos of the future and was he even aware his past had come forward? I don't think the Stones were destroyed, though. So it would mean if he is not there to retrieve them, all the characters that were holding these Stones previously would still have them. Though it would remove the motivation for those that were recovered to hide them from Thanos. i think.

hmdoh!:ohnoez:

Past Thanos is part of a different branch at that point.  As soon as he learns there's a second Nebula, he changes his decision from what he did in Guardians of the Galaxy.  That's a split in the timeline (as described by The Ancient One).  All it does is erase Thanos from that branch.  It does nothing for the Thanos of the "prime" timeline.

57 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Past Thanos is part of a different branch at that point.  As soon as he learns there's a second Nebula, he changes his decision from what he did in Guardians of the Galaxy.  That's a split in the timeline (as described by The Ancient One).  All it does is erase Thanos from that branch.  It does nothing for the Thanos of the "prime" timeline.

So this may be why James Brolin kidded around with a few reporters that he may have more appearances ahead. :whatthe: