• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS
1 1

890 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

So this may be why James Brolin kidded around with a few reporters that he may have more appearances ahead. :whatthe:

I hope so, he did a fantastic job as Thanos and if there's ever one instance where I don't want the villain to die...it's Thanos.  It gives me hope that I can still get Thanos as the big bad guy in a Silver Surfer movie.  And better yet, if I can get some sort of redemption arc where Thanos serves as like an anti-hero assisting Adam Warlock on some cosmic adventure, that'd be awesome.

Avengers: Endgame - Who is the Kid at the End?

Avengers: Endgame saw an array of surprising cameos from the entire history of the MCU, and one you may have missed was in attendance at Tony Stark’s funeral (RIP). The tall kid standing by himself may have been unrecognizable because he’s grown up a lot since we saw him last. The mysterious kid was none other than Harley Keener, the boy played by Ty Simpkins in Iron Man 3. If you recall, Tony teamed up with Harley after he got stranded in Tennessee and ultimately helped the hero during his struggle after the battle of New York. When the film ended, Tony left Harley a whole lot of goodies in his garage, so it’s no surprise to learn the characters kept in touch.

Simpkins was 12 when Iron Man 3 was released in 2013, and is now 17, so don’t feel bad if you couldn’t place him at first. They grow up so fast! In addition to Iron Man 3, the young actor was also one of the stars of Jurassic World and Insidious. In 2016, he re-teamed up with Iron Man 3director, Shane Black, for The Nice Guys. You can catch the actor next in the upcoming thriller film, Deliberation.

This came out as an article earlier today. 

I enjoyed the all female scene - too bad it was missing Black Widow.

Did anyone get the name of the model that Stark found was successful - the Mobius strip.  I don't know if that's an intentional Easter egg or not since Mobius is known for these time traveling alternatives yet it's a physics term.

One hole that I believe that the movie has which affects the first Avengers movie - if Loki picked up the tesseract and disappeared with it, I don't think it's because of the cosmic cube, but rather his own ability.  Why didn't he just do that when he was prisoner of the Avengers in the first place? 

Fat Thor was a hoot.  Cap holding Mjolnir was epic.

I really enjoyed the Cap vs.Cap fight.

The Avengers body count stands at - Quicksilver, Vision, Loki, Black Widow (How are they going to do a spin off with her dead?), Iron Man and soon to be followed by Cap.  No leader left. Did I miss anyone?

3 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I hope so, he did a fantastic job as Thanos and if there's ever one instance where I don't want the villain to die...it's Thanos.  It gives me hope that I can still get Thanos as the big bad guy in a Silver Surfer movie.  And better yet, if I can get some sort of redemption arc where Thanos serves as like an anti-hero assisting Adam Warlock on some cosmic adventure, that'd be awesome.

I would love to see the adam warlock/magus storyline be the return of thanos in the movies.

So we're just supposed to believe that thanos destroyed the in a present future that were returned in the past...?!? Because a "a liar he is not!"

Great movie fitting ending (?) May return, but given enough motivation anyone could nitpick anything...

I have no issues with this movie 2 (thumbsu(thumbsu

He just needed an outlet to post his spoilers message.

A man was reportedly assaulted outside a Hong Kong movie theater for loudly exposing major Avengers: Endgame spoilers.

Asia One reports the alleged incident happened outside a theater in Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, where the man was attacked in revenge for spoilers heard by patrons waiting to enter the theater.

:nyah:

I need some clarity. It's sort of related to Endgame because I thought Thor would be much more of a challenge for Thanos than he was in the movie (he seemed on par with Cap and Ironman in strength). So where does Odin (and hence Thor) fit in the Marvel Universe hierarchy of power? From my limited understanding you have:

1) The Beyonder (Original Secret Wars)

2) Celestials 

3) Eternals/Deviants

4) Elders of the Universe

PS also where does Galactus fit?

Edited by Xenosmilus

16 hours ago, Bird said:

Other than Russo and Starlin where any of the other people in the support group famous

i caught that during the support group. They are saying this is a bigger deal for Starlin, as he had issues with Marvel over compensation. And it is due to the Russo Brothers that things may have been smoothed over.

Avengers: Endgame Has a Marvel Comics Creator Cameo You May Have Missed

Thanos creator Jim Starlin has a cameo in Avengers: Endgame and it's a big deal. First, we'll talk about the cameo itself. Chris Evans' Steve Rogers is seen leading a support group for people who have lost loved ones as a result of the Decimation. Endgame co-director Joe Russo also has a cameo during the same scene. Starlin is listed in the credits as Support Group Man #1. Now, this is a big deal for a few reasons.

The first reason this is a big deal is because Jim Starlin has had public beef with the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the use of his creations. Specifically, it comes down to monetary compensation. The comic creator has complained many times that Marvel Studios has never properly compensated him and went out of his way to say that he has had to purchase his own tickets to go see an MCU movie on the big screen. Starlin had this to say a while back.

"Just received a very big check from DC Entertainment for my participation in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice(Anatoli Knyyazev), much bigger than anything I've gotten for Thanos, Gamora and Drax showing up in any of the various Marvel movies they appeared in, combined."

The second reason this is big is because it looks like the situation is getting better. Things started to change once the Russo Brothers got involved with the MCU. After expressing interest in Infinity War after seeing a behind-the-scenes image of a copy of the Infinity Gauntlet on the set with a bunch of post-its, Jim Starlin was welcomed aboard by the Russos. "We've got your close up ready, Mr. Starlin," said the directing duo on social media. As it turns out, they weren't kidding and Starlin is a happy man. Starlin had this to say about it.

Hopefully this means that Marvel Studios and Jim Starlin have settled everything. The comic book creator seems happy now. The MCU should be properly reimbursing the man behind Thanos, the Infinity Gauntlet, Gamora, Drax, and more. 

I didn't hear of any others in the film. Yet.

2 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

I need some clarity. It's sort of related to Endgame because I thought Thor would be much more of a challenge for Thanos than he was in the movie (he seemed on par with Cap and Ironman in strength). So where does Odin (and hence Thor) fit in the Marvel Universe hierarchy of power? From my limited understanding you have:

1) The Beyonder (Original Secret Wars)

2) Celestials 

3) Eternals/Deviants

4) Elders of the Universe

PS also where does Galactus fit?

I think we will get more clarity on the cosmic characters and their place in the MCU once the Eternals show up. Is Ego the most powerful character we've seen on screen so far? 

Thor seems to be slightly less powerful than Doctor Strange, and clearly less of a threat than either Wanda or Captain Marvel who were both giving Thanos a beatdown before he outmaneuvered them with help from his warship and the Power Stone respectively. The movies portray Wanda as young and still learning, but she fights like Droopy when she gets angry.

I prefer to watch these movies from a No-Prize point of view where I don't have to over analyze every detail, and as long as the film's own internal logic seems to hold up, I'm happy. Bruce Banner would have died in real life, but this isn't real life, and he turned into a hulking monster instead. I just accept that going in. So with that in mind, I feel like they did a fairly good job with the time travel. 

Cap returned Mjolnir and all the stones to their proper place in time so I'm assuming Malekith didn't kill everyone in an alternate Dark World timeline. 

The Loki we will get on Disney+ is this alternate timeline Loki probably? That timeline is missing the Tesseract then, unless Loki returns it or maybe Hemsworth makes a guest appearance on the show. I'm looking forward to all of these shows more than ever now since I've seen the movie.

Old Cap presents the most possibilities. Did he live out his life in an alternate timeline where he continued to fight the good fight but with Peggy by his side, or did he grow old in the MCU prime knowing that everything was destined to play out the way it did originally? Is that even possible if he commits to staying on the sidelines and not causing another branch off(by saving Howard Stark or something like that)?

There are ten other questions off the top of my head, but they're fun to consider if you are a nerd like myself.

I rarely go to a movie on its opening weekend but made an exception for this one just so I could avoid inadvertent spoilers from friends and the media.  The wife and I went to the 8pm show and arrived 45 minutes early.  We got our pick of seats and then the theater filled up.  There might have been 2 empty seats, maybe.  Incredible crowd and I've rarely seen anticipation like this for a movie.  All age groups and genders which is so cool. I'm glad I went when I did since just to enjoy the crowd and their reactions.

Bottom line - I liked it.  I definitely prefer Infinity War better since it is all out action all the way through, but this one had other payoffs that were simply great.  I was expecting a more action oriented movie along the lines of Infinity War so for the first 1/3 to 1/2 of the movie I just sat back and enjoyed the story this Avengers movie was telling.  It has some complexity, which is good.  I really was not expecting the ending but it delivered an incredible emotional punch. 

What I didn't like:

1.  Was not a big fan of the BannerHulk.  It was borderline goofy to me.

2. I really expected Thor to be a bigger part of this story.  Not happy that they never put him back to peak form to take on Thanos.

3.  Expected Capt. Marvel to be a bigger part of the story.

4.  This may be the end of the line for me in this series.  Not sure I'm good with how they are transitioning out the characters that I have enjoyed over the last 10 years. I know it was due to happen at some time but I would have preferred some other ending.  My mind may change on this over the coming days and weeks, but for now I am a tad disappointed.  

What I liked:

1.  Final battle - seriously kick butt cool to bring everyone back like that

2.  I like the fill in sequences as they went back to get the stones.  Stroke of briliance

3.  They way they tied it all back to Iron Man which started this whole masterstroke of movies 

4.  Wife enjoyed the girl power charge on Thanos  

5.  Cap wielding the hammer

6.  Ant man

7.  While I'm not wild about the ending, it is an incredible way to wrap up this storyline.  I like the narration by Tony at the end like the directors are talking to us about how to handle this ending.  It helped.