• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS
1 1

890 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Rip said:

The other Cap is still there to do those things. Just like at the battle of NY.

So does that mean there are now two Caps, and therefore the handoff of the shield meant nothing because it belongs to that other Cap?

I don't think so. Otherwise, there are two Caps in the same timeline. Or am I looking at this wrong?

11 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

So does that mean there are now two Caps, and therefore the handoff of the shield meant nothing because it belongs to that other Cap?

I don't think so. Otherwise, there are two Caps in the same timeline. Or am I looking at this wrong?

There are ALWAYS two in the same timeline if you go back.

Now the question is how did he get back.

A: Without going on the time machine he found a way to go back to the "prime" timeline after living his life in that alternate universe with two caps always around.

B: We are now in that newly created timeline/universe with two caps always around.

Likely B

Edited by Rip

1 hour ago, Rip said:

A: Without going on the time machine he found a way to go back to the "prime" timeline after living his life in that alternate universe with two caps always around.

B: We are now in that newly created timeline/universe with two caps always around.

Likely B

Adding a little to A: 

the answer would be that Cap after going back and living his life with Peggy, he knew when and where he was sent back. So he made sure he was there in the future when he originally went back. He might’ve been there before Hulk sent him back, but nobody noticed him. Everyone was focused on Cap in uniform and didn’t notice old man Cap sitting there by himself with his back to everyone.

Edited by Catwomancomics

1 hour ago, Rip said:

Likely B

Interesting theory.

So then there always was one shield. It just comes down to when one Cap went back in time to return to Peggy, he stayed clear of the new PRIME Cap to become the hero he is so then at the end of Endgame that Cap would go back in time.

But it's a very tricky story game played here. How did the old Cap then get the shield to give to Sam if the PRIME Cap had the shield which then gets destroyed by Thanos?

4 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

Adding a little to A: 

the answer would be that Cap after going back and living his life with Peggy, he knew when and where he was sent back. So he made sure he was there in the future when he originally went back. He might’ve been there before Hulk sent him back, but nobody noticed him. Everyone was focused on Cap in uniform and didn’t notice old man Cap sitting there by himself with his back to everyone.

I think that is really where this new timeline heads. Yes, there were two Caps. But only one should have had the shield, and that one had it destroyed by Thanos. So the one going back in time wouldn't have a shield to present to Sam, right? He was staying out of the way of the MCU heroes so he could live his life with Peggy.

22 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I think that is really where this new timeline heads. Yes, there were two Caps. But only one should have had the shield, and that one had it destroyed by Thanos. So the one going back in time wouldn't have a shield to present to Sam, right? He was staying out of the way of the MCU heroes so he could live his life with Peggy.

Had to either have another one made, or took it from some other timeline or had another made in another time line.

Edited by Rip

10 minutes ago, Rip said:

Had to either have another one made, or took it from some other timeline.

He knows people that have a lot of vibranium lol

Personally i dont think that old cap time jumps to the point where hes sitting on the bench.

Way i saw it was that he lives his life out (on the prime time line) from when he went back to Peggy then just goes back to Tonys funeral to hand off the shield.

(just as @Catwomancomics said)

Edited by Nino_013

Stream of Conscious first impression spoilers ahead...

Am I the only one that thought..when they said the smartest man -- smarter than Tony Stark... it should have been... Mr. Richards?

Completely expected the "hail hydra" comment by Cap. Worked perfectly, but doubt half the audience will get it.. same for a lot of inside homages.

Also, cool cameo by jim Starlin.

Nice ending, didn't like that Thor kind of drifted off into nothingness and turned over the reigns to Valkyre. Really pushing the girl movement in the recent ones.

WTF happened to Captain Marvel during the middle of the entire film? With her powers, they would just ignore her over half the film? So much more they could have utilized her for.

I can get that they killed Thanos and it was sort of, we can't change anything after this, so bye guys, I'm off to other planets. But why wouldn't they invite her to help with the time travel, how did she get back at just the right time, etc.. etc...

Glad to finally see it though, the build up was beyond immense.

Aside from the monstrous build up momentum, I don't really see this toppling The Force Awakens domestically. Wish it would, and would be surprised if it did, but just don't see people coming back in

droves for seconds.

When earlier reports said mind blowing ending, I was expecting Galactus, Watchers, and an ensemble of cosmic beings... that's the problem with too much buildup. 

I thought Black Widow was getting her own movie? Would people still flock to see it, knowing she is gone in the present timeline?

Though I also read about wanda/vison show? Guess that is pre Gauntlet, then?

The entire outcome depended on a rat landing on the van/portal console just right... almost like the Watcher intervened.

Though they didn't really explain it much, I guess Thanos took the Pym particles vial from Nebula (future) and reverse engineered time-travel, bringing Gamora and Nebula to the future to attack earth again, after hulk snapped his fingers. Why wouldn't Thanos travel earlier, etc... etc... And the finger snap of Hulk caused Strange and others to just pop out of the five year (?) hiatus? Peter said, they died and then woke up and Strange told them they'd lost five years, so get to battle. 

Makes sense Strange saw Tony's role in the outcome scenarios, hence saving him in exchange for the time stone. But it looked like a lot of chance events working their way around the gauntlet's football passing, and how could hulk and iron man and others handle it so easily? I get Iron man has an armored glove, but it almost seems that you need more than technological buffering to handle it.  Would have maybe made more sense to have Thor, Hulk, etc.. holding hands, but that would take away from Tony's sacrifice moment.  Seems kind of non logical.

Lots of other nice homages, like Hulk holding the mountain (Secret Wars posted earlier). and...

faoi9h.jpg

Edited by bronze_rules

29 minutes ago, Rip said:

Had to either have another one made, or took it from some other timeline or had another made in another time line.

19 minutes ago, Nino_013 said:

He knows people that have a lot of vibranium lol

Personally i dont think that old cap time jumps to the point where hes sitting on the bench.

Way i saw it was that he lives his life out (on the prime time line) from when he went back to Peggy then just goes back to Tonys funeral to hand off the shield.

(just as @Catwomancomics said)

Not to be difficult about this, but if OLD CAP is avoiding NEW CAP and all his pals so he can live his life with Peggy peacefully, then:

1) No interaction with Bruce Banner.

2) No interaction with Black Panther so as to have access to his Vibranium.

3) No access to the time travel system via Tony Stark.

This time travel thing is not so straightforward once you think through the details.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Not to be difficult about this, but if OLD CAP is avoiding NEW CAP and all his pals so he can live his life with Peggy peacefully, then:

This time travel thing is not so straightforward once you think through the details.

In A or B

1. Sounds good, not needed

2. Not needed. Can sneak materials out. Have Stark Senior make another. (Or take one from another universe) (Could of told Black Panther anytime after the big fight and had him make another) Many answers.

3. We don't know. This is a bigger problem for A which is why I think B works best.

Edited by Rip

7 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It's easy beans for Peggy Carter, who is very high up in SHIELD, to get him another Shield somehow. And if she did get him a shield, chances are he used it. Enter: The Invaders (but with an undercover Cap), which might make for a Disney Plus show in the future after they intro Namor.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

5 minutes ago, 1webslinger said:

If Peggy's still in shield and they were together how could they keep Steve's existence a secret all those years , even if she quit Shield they would have to go somewhere really remote to avoid contact with current and past Shield agents 

Yeah, it's a conundrum. That's why it's a good thing Peggy Carter can be trusted with the universe's secrets as I'm sure our Steve Rogers told her EVERYTHING, and with her being in the upper echelon at SHIELD or at least having contacts, they both did all they could to keep his existence secret, and probably wouldn't be so hard back then. 

I thought it great

Highlights

Epic Thanos fight with the big 3

Cap wielding Mjolnir

Weaving all these movies together!

Questions:

What happened to Gamora? Is she not with the rest of the GOTG

Why couldn't they use the IG to bring back Stark?

If Cap lived out his life with Peggy, then was he supposed to stay mum about Hydra infiltrating the fledgling SHIELD Peggy helped forge?????  That doesn't seem likely.

Did Gamora disappear with the Stark snap? Don't recall seeing her after that.

After sleeping on it, I still think this is an insanely EPIC flick! - 

However I for one feel (and I say this because it was such a marathon movie) that if this was the last comic book movie I'd be ok with it.

I just don't know how this series could be topped. With this crazy cash cow the movies AREN'T in no way shape or form stop any time soon.

But I wonder if others ( that aren't a omni comic nerd like myself) feel this same? Makes me wonder if the burn out will happen?

There is plenty of comic book material that hasn't been covered to make great movies, but will they do them justice like this movie?

I wonder.

I just wish Stan could've stayed with us a few more months to see this beautiful wrap up!

I miss your antics buddy, godspeed and RIP

:cloud9: