• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS
1 1

890 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Grendel72 said:

Agree with Bosco, dont think Clint sacrificed anyone. Not trying to be a spoon here but Thanos sacrificing Gamora was for me the best scene in infinity war. In endgame, it was easier for them to sacrifice themselves than each other. Once again, just being an here. It didnt mar the movie whatsoever. 

It was a Killmonger moment, where you felt sympathetic for the protagonist in that underneath all that evil was a motivation that was not meant to be so wicked. If anything, Thanos was sacrificing any good in his life in order to achieve an altruistic goal.

On 4/27/2019 at 10:11 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

But then where DID he get an unbroken shield if that reality's shield is on ice with that reality's Cap? Unless SHIELD had more than one shield?

If I remember right when Stark brought the shield back to Cap he said Howard made a few of them so the unbroken shield might have been a prototype or secondary testing piece.

1 minute ago, Comicopolis said:

The other interesting thing is when Cap returns the Soul Stone to the past he must give it to the guardian of the stone, which of course was/is the Red Skull. That would have been worth seeing.

I didn't even think about that. WOW! What an end credits scene that could have been in showing them looking across at each other.

2 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

The other interesting thing is when Cap returns the Soul Stone to the past he must give it to the guardian of the stone, which of course was/is the Red Skull. That would have been worth seeing.

Plus, if it is a soul for a soul, when he returns the soul stone, shouldn't he be able to release a soul?

Just now, Mayor006 said:

If I remember right when Stark brought the shield back to Cap he said Howard made a few of them so the unbroken shield might have been a prototype or secondary testing piece.

He did not say there was more than one. A few pages back I posted the First Avengers scene. Howard makes it clear this is THE ONLY ONE.

:foryou:

31 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Alright, so, Top-5 moments of Endgame for everyone..? In no particular order, for me:

• Thor summoning the lightning, transforming, and dual-wielding Mjolnir and Stormbreaker.
  • Cap dual-wielding, and using, both his shield and Mjolnir.
  • Return of The Decimated, with Cap saying, "Avengers Assemble".
  • Iron Man and Rescue fighting side-by-side.
  • "I am Iron Man" and the final snap.

I know, it's all in the last 45 minutes-or-so, but the greatness of the first 2 Acts just sets up such better moments in the 3rd.

Agreed!

Questions:

WHat happened to 2014 Gamora?

What happened to the Vision?

So here's my two things:

1) Only enough Pym particles for everyone to make one trip and Cap only grabs 4 vials later and yet somehow an extra vial gets to Thanos AND the younger Nebula returns with War Machine?

2) I totally agree that everybody just holding on to the stones freehand seems a bit much after watching Guardians of the Galaxy.

Edited by Mayor006

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

He did not say there was more than one. A few pages back I posted the First Avengers scene. Howard makes it clear this is THE ONLY ONE.

:foryou:

Tony might have been saying it sarcastically. I'll pay attention to that scene to see if I heard it correctly next time I see it.

2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

That'll probably be answered in AsGuardians of the Galaxy Vol 3.

He died in Infinity War.

I didn't see Gamora @ the funeral or with the AGOTG on the ship @ the end. I wonder if Zoe is too busy with the Avatar movies? I wonder isf she is out for good.

Why couldn't they bring Vision back? because he was powered by a Stone? They wasted the Vizh in all these movies....

7 minutes ago, comics4all said:

Agreed!

Questions:

WHat happened to 2014 Gamora?

What happened to the Vision?

2014 Gamora beat feet as she had no relationship with the GotG. Her whole world fell apart with Nebula changing personality and Thanos dying so she has to go do some soul searching. (See what I did there!)

Vision was killed by Thanos, not a victim of the snap so he is gone. Shame too, I like the colored skin charcters and think they generally look great on screen. Especially Nebula :cloud9:

Edited by Bird

3 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

That'll probably be answered in AsGuardians of the Galaxy Vol 3.

He died in Infinity War.

The way I look at it is since Gamorra was no longer fighting on Thanos' side and was actually trying to defeat him, she wasn't considered as part of his army and survives but since she has no "connection" with Quill she doesn't fly off with the Guardians. Lebowski Thor is the Gamorra replacement.

3 minutes ago, Mayor006 said:

So here's my two things:

1) Only enough Pym particles for everyone to make one trip and Cap only grabs 4 vials later and yet somehow an extra vial gets to Thanos AND the younger Nebula returns with Scott Lang?

2) I totally agree that everybody just holding on to the stones freehand seems a bit much after watching Guardians of the Galaxy.

The "extra vial" Thanos has was retrieved from 2023's Nebula, who was returned to 2023-Earth on Sanctuary II, with Thanos and all of the other 2014-year characters.

Not every Infinity Stone reacts the same to touch as the Power Stone. See: Jane Foster in The Dark World.

1 minute ago, Mayor006 said:

Tony might have been saying it sarcastically. I'll pay attention to that scene to see if I heard it correctly next time I see it.

What changes the potentials here is another Stark with a shield, as I do remember in Iron Man 2 Tony was working on a shield design. Though he doesn't say it is made of Vibranium.

It served an important purpose. :nyah:

1 minute ago, comics4all said:

I didn't see Gamora @ the funeral or with the AGOTG on the ship @ the end. I wonder if Zoe is too busy with the Avatar movies? I wonder isf she is out for good.

Why couldn't they bring Vision back? because he was powered by a Stone? They wasted the Vizh in all these movies....

Peter Quill is "searching" for Gamora after Thor boards the ship.

Vision was killed by Thanos. And, yes, he was 1/5th Infinity Stone. Recreating Vision would consequently create another branch in time - which they need to avoid. Branch in time = potential alternate-reality Thanos. It would also = potential alternate-reality Infinity Stones which only exist "for temptation".

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

The "extra vial" Thanos has was retrieved from 2023's Nebula, who was returned to 2023-Earth on Sanctuary II, with Thanos and all of the other 2014-year characters.

Not every Infinity Stone reacts the same to touch as the Power Stone. See: Jane Foster in The Dark World.

Right, but 2014 Nebula went back with Scott at the end of the mission so she would have had to use her 2023 vial. Right?

6 minutes ago, Mayor006 said:

No worries. I posted the scene above for you.

Although he presents Cap with a few shields to pick from, the Vibranium shield is a lone candidate.

3 minutes ago, Mayor006 said:

The way I look at it is since Gamorra was no longer fighting on Thanos' side and was actually trying to defeat him, she wasn't considered as part of his army and survives but since she has no "connection" with Quill she doesn't fly off with the Guardians. Lebowski Thor is the Gamorra replacement.

I didn't really consider the possibility that she was decimated by Stark's snap.

I agree with what you've said.