• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS
1 1

890 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

What changes the potentials here is another Stark with a shield, as I do remember in Iron Man 2 Tony was working on a shield design. Though he doesn't say it is made of Vibranium.

It served an important purpose. :nyah:

Plus just think back to Infinity War in Wakanda. Black Panther simply says get this man a shield. Design is there and they have the vibranium.

2 minutes ago, Mayor006 said:

Right, but 2014 Nebula went back with Scott at the end of the mission so she would have had to use her 2023 vial. Right?

You mean with Rhodey? Scott was on the team with Hulk (and Iron Man/Cap).

All of the heroes return to the Quantum Tunnel at the same relative "time".

This is a valid question, though. Not sure how Sanctuary II makes it thru the QT after Nebula uses the vial to return.

45 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Alright, so, Top-5 moments of Endgame for everyone..? In no particular order, for me:

• Thor summoning the lightning, transforming, and dual-wielding Mjolnir and Stormbreaker.
  • Cap dual-wielding, and using, both his shield and Mjolnir.
  • Return of The Decimated, with Cap saying, "Avengers Assemble".
  • Iron Man and Rescue fighting side-by-side.
  • "I am Iron Man" and the final snap.

I know, it's all in the last 45 minutes-or-so, but the greatness of the first 2 Acts just sets up such better moments in the 3rd.

I'd replace the Iron Man/Rescue scene with Hawkeye Black Widow scene.  Other than that, I totally agree with the list.  Honorable mention, Iron Man and Spidey reunion.  Tony was racked with guilt/grief with Parker's death and that was a great scene.

54 minutes ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

Wow.  I HATED the Hulk CGI.  Thought it was terrible.  Literally worst part of the movie.  (Movie I really liked.  Just thought there were some poor choices made.).   lol

On the first part, totally agree. God it looked SO CHEAP...wasnt expecting that. Looked like something out of "The Two Towers". At the time, groundbreaking....now....eh...

27 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

You mean with Rhodey? Scott was on the team with Hulk (and Iron Man/Cap).

All of the heroes return to the Quantum Tunnel at the same relative "time".

This is a valid question, though. Not sure how Sanctuary II makes it thru the QT after Nebula uses the vial to return.

Yes, sorry I  was carrying on two conversations on two messages :)

Edited by Mayor006

26 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Nebula jacks into the QT, though. The suits The Avengers use are "GPS" devices for the QT. If Nebula plugs in Sanctuary II's location, the QT is probably able to pull it into reality..?

Yes, but this is after she hands Thanos a vial of Pym particles earlier.

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

:pullhair:

You're ruining the entire movie for me!

Hide contents

:jokealert:

lol

Believe me. It is the ONE sticking point I haven't been able to get past! I think I can agree that not all stones affect people the same way as the one held in Guardians....

Apparently Thanos replicated the Pym Particles when Nebula handed them over.

That was half of the reason they showed her handing them over. The other half was to show her old self with the new gold trim, so that the audience knew the old Nebula looks like the current one.

28 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

Vision is dead but I'd guess that Shuri downloaded his mind in Infinity War. They just need another body to put it in.

It is interesting how the MCU is going to handle these follow-on movies like Black Widow and the Disney+ shows like WandaVision, Loki and Hawkeye after the events of Endgame. How the film events impacted all of their lives.

A few articles are digging into this already.

How Does Avengers: Endgame Feed Into Disney+ Shows Loki, WandaVision, And Falcon And Winter Soldier? [ENDGAME SPOILERS]

Loki

Tom Hiddleston is set to reprise his role as the god of mischief, and there are a few ways they can go. There have been rumors of it being a giant flashback, with us following a young Loki…but Avengers: Endgame hints at another possibility. When Tony and Scott head back to 2012 and the assault on New York, they inadvertently land the Tesseract back into the hands of Loki, who is able to escape. I wouldn’t be surprised if the new miniseries allows us to follow this particular timeline, as it would lead to some pretty interesting tangents in the universe.

That being said, it does seem to be at odds with what we’ve learned about the Loki show — that it would follow him and his influence over the course of human history. Only time will tell if the Loki in Endgame will be the Loki we ultimately follow.

WandaVision

Welp, Vision is dead. It looks like that’s one death that will stick…or is it? If you’ll recall, Shuri had actually had downloaded Vision’s data, meaning that they could very well create another body for him. The only other wrinkle? They don’t have an Infinity Stone to actually bring him legitimate sentience. That being said, comic book logic could always come up with a solution.

However, it’s not a sure thing that it will take place after Endgame. It could very well follow the romance between the two between Civil War and Infinity War. Recent comments from Elizabeth Olsen hint at a ’50s aesthetic to the series…but unfortunately that doesn’t give us much to work with.

I wonder if this one is now going to have a title change after Endgame?

Falcon And Winter Soldier

This one seems to be the most straightforward of the bunch, as it features two living characters and a pretty limited window as to when it can take place. At the end of Endgame, Steve has given Sam his shield, passing on the moniker of Captain America. It seems easy enough to infer that this series will follow the pair as Falcon adjusts to his new role as the new Star-Spangled hero.

The only thing that seems to contradict that is the word “Falcon” in the title, but that could very well be a branding thing, with Marvel Studios not wanting the uninitiated to think it’ll feature Steve Rogers. Then again, maybe this title was a mislead, and will ultimately be Cap and Winter Soldier. Additionally, there is pretty much no other time period in which this could take place. Outside of Captain America: Civil War, the two characters have had virtually no time together, so post-Endgame seems like a good bet.

So other items, lol

What did Cap do with the "stone" that he had to return to Asgard? Inject it back into Jane?

I still think when he returned the Soul stone he should have been able to release a soul, right?

If there are indeed alternate time-line Thanos now that means we still have alternate time line Tonys and Natashas right?

1 minute ago, Mayor006 said:

I still think when he returned the Soul stone he should have been able to release a soul, right?

It isn't a pawn shop. Where is the sacrifice if you can just go redeem your coupon whenever you want.

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It is interesting how the MCU is going to handle these follow-on movies like Black Widow and the Disney+ shows like WandaVision, Loki and Hawkeye after the events of Endgame. How the film events impacted all of their lives.

A few articles are digging into this already.

How Does Avengers: Endgame Feed Into Disney+ Shows Loki, WandaVision, And Falcon And Winter Soldier? [ENDGAME SPOILERS]

I wonder if this one is now going to have a title change after Endgame?

The Black Widow one is the one that has me spinning... I almost feel like now that Clint knows her father's name he will set out to search for him and discover her past and it will be a story in flashback mode.

1 minute ago, Bird said:

It isn't a pawn shop. Where is the sacrifice if you can just go redeem your coupon whenever you want.

I'll agree with that. You do give up quite a bit of power in returning it though.

1 minute ago, Mayor006 said:

The Black Widow one is the one that has me spinning... I almost feel like now that Clint knows her father's name he will set out to search for him and discover her past and it will be a story in flashback mode.

Oh! I like that idea. :wishluck:

4 minutes ago, Bird said:

The Scarlet Witch/Vision show is set in the 1950s apparently.

I had posted that interview between IGN and Elizabeth Olsen. But then in going back to it, what she says is '1950s setting'. So i wonder if she means a more simple time than the actual time itself.

It's a stretch, as to reference that period must mean something.