• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS
1 1

890 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

WandaVision

Welp, Vision is dead. It looks like that’s one death that will stick…or is it? If you’ll recall, Shuri had actually had downloaded Vision’s data, meaning that they could very well create another body for him. The only other wrinkle? They don’t have an Infinity Stone to actually bring him legitimate sentience. That being said, comic book logic could always come up with a solution.

However, it’s not a sure thing that it will take place after Endgame. It could very well follow the romance between the two between Civil War and Infinity War. Recent comments from Elizabeth Olsen hint at a ’50s aesthetic to the series…but unfortunately that doesn’t give us much to work with.

I wonder if this one is now going to have a title change after Endgame?

Falcon And Winter Soldier

This one seems to be the most straightforward of the bunch, as it features two living characters and a pretty limited window as to when it can take place. At the end of Endgame, Steve has given Sam his shield, passing on the moniker of Captain America. It seems easy enough to infer that this series will follow the pair as Falcon adjusts to his new role as the new Star-Spangled hero.

The only thing that seems to contradict that is the word “Falcon” in the title, but that could very well be a branding thing, with Marvel Studios not wanting the uninitiated to think it’ll feature Steve Rogers. Then again, maybe this title was a mislead, and will ultimately be Cap and Winter Soldier. Additionally, there is pretty much no other time period in which this could take place. Outside of Captain America: Civil War, the two characters have had virtually no time together, so post-Endgame seems like a good bet.

Visions body was still intact in Wakanda (except a crater in his head). I figure being in the place Vibranium comes from is a convenient place to repair Vision’s vibranium body once Shuri figures out how to make his AI work without the Mind Stone.

And nobody said Sam Wilson was going to take the name Captain America. He’s just going to wield the shield as far as we know. Maybe put a star on his chest. 

5 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

And nobody said Sam Wilson was going to take the name Captain America. He’s just going to wield the shield as far as we know. Maybe put a star on his chest. 

And nobody said he wouldn't, right? But he has not assumed the mantle with Cap's blessing. This wasn't like a father handing off his pocketknife to his kid, and telling him 'Give it a try - looks good in your hands'.

Just now, OrangeNemesis said:

heard some theories about where cap going back and staying in the past is going to create a multiverse etc. Which could def be the way they bring in Mutants etc. some interesting stuff is gonna happen now

Yeah, a new "branch in time".

I'm curious as to how he returns to (let's call it) Earth-1.

I'm also curious as to whether or not this alternate reality is the same in which Loki has the Tesseract, and also has no Thanos, or if there are now 3 new alternate realities because of these 3 different branches in time?

59 minutes ago, OrangeNemesis said:

heard some theories about where cap going back and staying in the past is going to create a multiverse etc. Which could def be the way they bring in Mutants etc. some interesting stuff is gonna happen now

I think the mutants (who won’t appear for a while if Feige is telling truth) will be explained by the Celestials Deviant gene. The Eternals movie I think is going to be big in opening up the MCU post Endgame.

I wonder if this alternate timeline concept in Endgame will be how we finally get the Magus, the evil version of Adam Warlock (when he appears)? Wonder if we’ll get a Counter Earth, (also from Warlock)?

I'm wondering how they plan on keeping us interested in the MCU. Since The Avengers, there's been this looming threat of Thanos. Every movie since then was building up to Infinity War and Endgame for 6-7 years.

Without that big, ever-connecting character and story, how do they plan on keeping both the fanboys/girls and "casual" fans interested? They just gonna stuff other characters into other titled movies?

This great event may put Marvel Studios on the downswing. What they reveal for Phase 4 will be a good indicator.

5 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Alright, so, Top-5 moments of Endgame for everyone..? In no particular order, for me:

• Thor summoning the lightning, transforming, and dual-wielding Mjolnir and Stormbreaker.
  • Cap dual-wielding, and using, both his shield and Mjolnir.
  • Return of The Decimated, with Cap saying, "Avengers Assemble".
  • Iron Man and Rescue fighting side-by-side.
  • "I am Iron Man" and the final snap.

I know, it's all in the last 45 minutes-or-so, but the greatness of the first 2 Acts just sets up such better moments in the 3rd.

Cap summoning Mjolnir was all the 'feel goods' i needed from the entire movie...they've been dangling that carrot for years and finally came through.

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

I'm wondering how they plan on keeping us interested in the MCU. Since The Avengers, there's been this looming threat of Thanos. Every movie since then was building up to Infinity War and Endgame for 6-7 years.

Without that big, ever-connecting character and story, how do they plan on keeping both the fanboys/girls and "casual" fans interested? They just gonna stuff other characters into other titled movies?

This great event may put Marvel Studios on the downswing. What they reveal for Phase 4 will be a good indicator.

without Tony Stark and Capt America i wont be watching any B rated super heroes......they'll probably turn the Avengers into A-Force with an all female cast...it almost seemed like that one moment in the film was leading up to the that....and Captain Marvel, get a new haricut, looked horrible.

13 minutes ago, krighton said:

without Tony Stark and Capt America i wont be watching any B rated super heroes......they'll probably turn the Avengers into A-Force with an all female cast...it almost seemed like that one moment in the film was leading up to the that....and Captain Marvel, get a new haricut, looked horrible.

Have fun with DC then. They need your money more than Disney does. Happy trails!

6 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Have fun with DC then. They need your money more than Disney does. Happy trails!

He just made an honest observation.   It's his opinion.  I happen to share it.   The female force thing was really cringe-worthy.   Iron Man and Cap REALLY are the heart and soul of the team.   Doesn't mean they can't be replaced, but it remains to be seen whether they can be or not.  Not by Brie Larson or Falcon as Cap.   That's for sure...

Tchalla could take on a bigger role.  But they need the crazy mad scientist and the Patriot man out of time angle too.

Edited by ChasingKingKirby

14 minutes ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

He just made an honest observation.   It's his opinion.  I happen to share it.   The female force thing was really cringe-worthy.   Iron Man and Cap REALLY are the heart and soul of the team.   Doesn't mean they can't be replaced, but it remains to be seen whether they can be or not.  Not by Brie Larson or Falcon as Cap.   That's for sure...

And I honestly wished him well as he swears off the only comic book movie franchise that really matters. Yay, Suicide Squad! Meanwhile, I’ll look forward to The Eternals, Doctor Strange 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3, Black Panther 2, yes, even Captain Marvel 2, Thor 4, rebooted X-Men, rebooted Fantastic Four, those Disney Plus shows...ah, life as a Marvel fan is good....

Edited by @therealsilvermane

25 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Where do you get that hate from? I really dislike when folks make this a holy war between Marvel and DC. And it disrupts having a decent discussion because folks are beating on their chest over Marvel, like THEY wrote the stories and casts the actors and produced the films.

14 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

And I honestly wished him well as he swears off the only comic book movie franchise that really matters. Yay, Suicide Squad! Meanwhile, I’ll look forward to The Eternals, Doctor Strange 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3, Black Panther 2, yes, even Captain Marvel 2, rebooted X-Men, rebooted Fantastic Four, those Disney Plus shows...ah, life as a Marvel fan is good....

I agree Marvel has had stellar results for the most part. Doesn't mean they're above reproach or haven't put out some baaaad, (yes suicide squad bad) movies.  For every Infinity War there's at least one Iron Man 3.  Or the god awful Iron Fist on Netflix.  

3 hours ago, OrangeNemesis said:

Such as, oh, THE INVADERS

Image result for first appearance invaders

30 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Where do you get that hate from? I really dislike when folks make this a holy war between Marvel and DC. And it disrupts having a decent discussion because folks are beating on their chest over Marvel, like THEY wrote the stories and casts the actors and produced the films.

The dude said he was basically done with the MCU because he loves only Iron Man and Captain America. The only other comic book universe to turn to is the DCEU.  And I think we can all agree that because of Zach Snyder that universe has been on the average subpar. I loved Wonder Woman, thought Shazam! was good. But the MCU is so compelling now, I just don't understand the equal "hate" people have for Marvel just because they're trying to give women a more prominent role in the franchise. Last I checked we're in the 21st century and...oh wait, that guy's still president...never mind...