• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS
1 1

890 posts in this topic

A lot of people forget that there was only a 1 in 14,000,605 chance that they beat Thanos 'for good'. That 1 chance was Iron Man sacrificing himself for the greater good.

You may not like it, but it's a built-in reason for everything since Doctor Strange saw those outcomes.

22 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Black Widow has a writer, a director, is partially cast. It's happening and is coming out next year. I think if it's a prequel, it may tie in to the Disney Plus shows so that it serves a future story arc. If it's present day, a cosmic Black Widow story where she somehow escapes the Soul Stone (which has been done in the comics) would be out of this world. But I think it's a prequel with a story that maybe sets up present day Falcon and Bucky, kind of like what Captain America First Avenger did. Serpent Crown, maybe? Been waiting for that little Marvel artifact to rear its ugly head for a while now.

Yep from what I've read the villain for Black Widow is Taskmaster taking place 15 years after the fall of the Soviet Union. 

Black Widow solo movie will probably answer what happened in "Budapest" since her and Hawkeye mention it all the time.  

Old Cap was perfect.  "House of M" ending.  Also, they never said when he goes back to her, so could be after all Peggy's important events in the timeline.  Also, when he visits her in Avengers there are pictures of her kids, but NO pictures of her "husband."  

Cap with Mjolnir was epic, and makes the scene in Avengers 2 even better.  Cap knew he could lift the hammer when it moved, but didn't pick it up since he didn't need to show off or embarrass Thor.  

Edited by maloney414

13 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

It went back to the Ancient One.  Everything needs to be replaced pretty much at the exact moment they were taken.  Thus from the Ancient One's perspective, the stone was only taken from her for a few seconds.

If that’s the case then I assuming Loki always steals the cosmic cube ? The only event which wouldn’t replay is the Cap Vs Cap fight ( which was awesome ) and reminded me of the captain Britain cover 

487CB9A9-785B-4356-86FE-9F3B38D34F9D.png

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Like Natasha (for some reason), Tony must remain dead as if they brought him back through time travel it could undue the good he accomplished in the end). I think.

Though, Bruce did say at one point something along the lines of 'your past self can't affect your future'. So if OLD Tony is brought forward, then by that rule he can't undo what NEW Tony achieved to save the universe. Right?

3 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I think if Tony Stark were to come back at all in the MCU it would be as an AI. It would kind of sync with his tech legacy that he'd become his own creation in the end. You saw a hint of that at the end of Endgame. And all RDJ would have to provide is his voice if he's game and Disney wants to pay him. Anybody could be inside the Iron Man armor, or nobody. 

The other option is to start over with new origins and pretend none of this happened as they have done before. 

56 minutes ago, ianh said:

Oooooo You can't disrespect wamen and their haircuts here. White Knight Chuck is going to get you. edit: nm I see he already told you to gtfo of his site lol

I agree with the B rated super heroes statement. Without Cap and IM Avengers doesn't work. People keep trying to fit comic teams like Secret Avengers and West Coast Avengers into the MCU. It's just not the same and won't bring the huge crowds in. It's like having the JL without Superman and Batman. Doesn't work. I think Avengers needs to be done and dead with IM and it was a good way to end it.

Hmm, Iron Man and Captain America are only A list now because of the MCU movies.  Before that, Spider-Man, Hulk, and Wolverine are your A listers. Besides Spidey, the MCU has created other A listers because of its success including Black Panther, Thor, and yes, even Captain Marvel. The Avengers have worked for 60+ years with a rotating roster. They’ll be fine and maybe better off without Stark.

So the MCU can’t draw the big crowds without IM and CA, huh? Hmm. Let’s say Disney doesn’t need every MCU movie to make 3 billion dollars but are fine with a billion. Nearly every MCU movie without RDJ or Evans has made almost a billion and the last two films, Black Panther with enthusiasm from the African American community, and Captain Marvel, with enthusiasm from women all over the world, have made well over a billion. I think the MCU will be just fine.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Hmm, Iron Man and Captain America are only A list now because of the MCU movies.  Before that, Spider-Man, Hulk, and Wolverine are your A listers. Besides Spidey, the MCU has created other A listers because of its success including Black Panther, Thor, and yes, even Captain Marvel. The Avengers have worked for 60+ years with a rotating roster. They’ll be fine and maybe better off without Stark.

So the MCU can’t draw the big crowds without IM and CA, huh? Hmm. Let’s say Disney doesn’t need every MCU movie to make 3 billion dollars but are fine with a billion. Nearly every MCU movie without RDJ or Evans has made almost a billion and the last two films, Black Panther with enthusiasm from the African American community, and Captain Marvel, with enthusiasm from women all over the world, have made well over a billion. I think the MCU will be just fine.

100% true.

I would not call Black Panther or Captain Marvel "A-list" heroes (yet).

How well will a Black Panther sequel do without a Killmonger or Klaue? How well will a Captain Marvel sequel do without tie-in to an Avengers movie, Samuel L. Jackson, and Goose..? Their sequels will tell us whether or not they're on the way to that A-list status.

51 minutes ago, maloney414 said:

Old Cap was perfect.  "House of M" ending.  Also, they never said when he goes back to her, so could be after all Peggy's important events in the timeline.  Also, when he visits her in Avengers there are pictures of her kids, but NO pictures of her "husband."  

Saw this from a comment in the NY Times interview Bosco linked earlier

QUESTION: Steve Rogers and Tony Stark go back to 1970 where Steve sees old flame Peggy Carter’s office desk with a big framed picture of him. But we know from previous movies that after WWII she married and had kids. It seems quite odd that a married woman in 1970 would have a photo of another man (not her husband) on her office desk for all to see. Does this suggest that mid-movie Steve caught a glimpse of the past Peggy that had already married end-of-movie Steve after HE went back?

Sounds plausible.

11 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

100% true.

I would not call Black Panther or Captain Marvel "A-list" heroes (yet).

How well will a Black Panther sequel do without a Killmonger or Klaue? How well will a Captain Marvel sequel do without tie-in to an Avengers movie, Samuel L. Jackson, and Goose..? Their sequels will tell us whether or not they're on the way to that A-list status.

But that’s the brilliance of Kevin Feige’s plan. Avengers 1 doesn’t work without the success of IM, Cap, and Thor’s first movies. Infinity War is that much bigger because of the success of GOTG and Black Panther. It’s been a cross-over team effort since Phase One and will continue to be so as long as they keep making good movies to build off each other.

29 minutes ago, buyatari said:

The other option is to start over with new origins and pretend none of this happened as they have done before. 

The MCU is like Star Wars now. It’s too successful to reboot and Marvel doesn’t have to. Anybody, or nobody, can be Iron Man. It can even be team of people, S.T.A.R.K.

4 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

The MCU is like Star Wars now. It’s too successful to reboot and Marvel doesn’t have to. Anybody, or nobody, can be Iron Man. It can even be team of people, S.T.A.R.K.

Sorry Tony Stark is Iron Man, he even made that clear near the end....Pepper Potts is not Iron Man, anyone can wear the armor, but no human in the Marvel Universe,  besides Reed Richards,  has the tech savvy, smarts and deep felt humanity as the original man in the Iron Suit

Edited by krighton

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Uhhhhh, people become attached to characters.   It isn't going to be easy for audiences to see someone else playing Iron Man.  Plus RDJ is larger than life.   He was literally perfect for that part.   Not a fan of Chris Evans, and don't think it will be AS difficult to replace him.   Whoever, plays Iron Man will forever be measured against RDJ.  Tough.

16 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

But that’s the brilliance of Kevin Feige’s plan. Avengers 1 doesn’t work without the success of IM, Cap, and Thor’s first movies. Infinity War is that much bigger because of the success of GOTG and Black Panther. It’s been a cross-over team effort since Phase One and will continue to be so as long as they keep making good movies to build off each other.

That's the challenge. Without Thanos and the Infinity Stones, they have to find a way to keep us interested, and tell a new story (or stories) that truly connect each character cross-film.

8 minutes ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

Uhhhhh, people become attached to characters.   It isn't going to be easy for audiences to see someone else playing Iron Man.  Plus RDJ is larger than life.   He was literally perfect for that part.   Not a fan of Chris Evans, and don't think it will be AS difficult to replace him.   Whoever, plays Iron Man will forever be measured against RDJ.  Tough.

They will both be replaced with women. 

Captain Marvel America 

1 hour ago, ianh said:

Oooooo You can't disrespect wamen and their haircuts here. White Knight Chuck is going to get you. edit: nm I see he already told you to gtfo of his site lol

I agree with the B rated super heroes statement. Without Cap and IM Avengers doesn't work. People keep trying to fit comic teams like Secret Avengers and West Coast Avengers into the MCU. It's just not the same and won't bring the huge crowds in. It's like having the JL without Superman and Batman. Doesn't work. I think Avengers needs to be done and dead with IM and it was a good way to end it.

Then again the Justice League they gave us WITH Superman and Batman was trash, so who knows.

I liked the all women scene. Was an awesome moment.

However I think do Captain Marvel's (Brie Larson's) character needs work. In her defense she filmed those scenes before the Captain Marvel movie. But I really find her a character to stand out a bit as clunky

I'm hoping they can retool her a bit.

Edited by Rip

Not sure of the future of the MCU but Disney has had some great success in turning C-list into B-list and B-list into A-list type characters. I can't wait to see whats next.

Edited by Rip